Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War Space sim. 27th Century. Take part in the great war between The United Earth Empire and Konkordia.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Yes, Factor K is stand-alone. I've played through it a couple of years ago and don't remember any game-breaking bugs. It's story takes place after the original TW after the Earth-Concordia war, main hero continues his work for secret service during the conflict with Yagnu aliens, if i'm not mistaken, encountering gigantic space installations on the way. Of course, all the text including story is in Russian, but me and other Russian-speaking members may help to describe what's going on before each mission. Flight interface is the same as in TW, though you'll need to perform a water landing, for example, and engage LARGE ground targets using cluster bombs. The game itself is shorter than TW, since it's a stand-alone addon.

If you are serious about buying Russian version of Factor K online, post here. I'll see what can be done, maybe make the tutorial describing what to click in the store and where. I don't think its wise to mess with your credit card stuff in a language you don't understand, so your best bet may be using WebMoney service to pay. Visit its English site to decide whether you are willing to use their services to pay at 1C online (unfortunately, other payment methods are credit card or Russia-only). Overall, some English-speaking fans bought the Russian RigNRoll this way and play it right now (i don't know which payment option they chose though).
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Damn digital downloads!!!

I'll just have to purchase a retail copy of red shark 2 somewhere (I saw some on the IDDK studios market: it is still there)...

I'll simply need to find someone capable of shipping it to me...

When will we at last say hello to ebay.ru?

EDIT: many thanks sneaksie, your help is precious regarding the Factor K purchasing, and I'm sure we'll have a lot to thank you for when we have our copies... Also do you think paypal services will be accepted also?
Also, regarding the translations you are offering for factor K, Do you think it'll be possible in the future to see an unofficial patch capable of replacing the russian text with english text (a bit like the TW patch regarding the in flight chatter, etc...)? Even if voices stay russian, this would be a superb achievement...

Last edited by starlord; 01-19-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

I didn't offer to translate game texts in Factor K, it's a big amount of work usually being done by a dedicated team. Me or anyone else who knows Russian can just describe what's happening in each mission and between them so you'd know what to do (i think that most things will be clear without exlanation). Maybe i will be able to use some text labels like weapons, ship names and such from TW to make a small fix for Factor K and maybe not (we don't have any tools for it).
I've sent you a PM about ebay analogue in Russia since this is off-topic.