Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War Space sim. 27th Century. Take part in the great war between The United Earth Empire and Konkordia.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Default The Tomorrow War Game Trailer and Screenshot Slideshow

Enjoy the recent trailer and amount of new screenshots from this great upcoming game:

Game Trailer

Screenshot Slideshow
Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Hmm... It looks like Tarr Chronicles right? I didnt like Tarr so much and that why i havent finished it yet. I think that this one will be better!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Hey, this looks pretty interesting! I'm looking forward to it, pre-ordered it at play.com now.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Well, personaly i didnt find this game so interesting because i played Tarr chronicles a game very simillar to it and i didnt like it so much. Will it be like Tarr Chronicles?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept in Tarr Chronicles - it's basically the same as classics like Freespace and Wing Commander. The reasons Tarr wasn't as engaging as it could have been had more to do with design (like poor difficulty settings and repetitive missions) and a feeling that it was a bit rushed (the dreadful translation, bugs and an overall unpolished feel).

So I don't feel it's fair to judge similar games based on Tarr's failings (and personally, I thought Tarr was okay). And The Tomorrow War seems more varied at least, with battles above planet surfaces et.c. Also tbh, I'm willing to give it a chance just because it is in a genre I'm very fond of.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

I wait that game for a long time. I saw videos from the original Russian version.I saw the English language trailer and the slideshow also.I think that game is very good.But why removed the Russian Eagle and Flag from the spaceship and the the helmet of the pilot in the first picture of slideshow? Thx.Best regards.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

I agree with the above point. For the most part I think that people will find the idea of a "Russian" world empire fighting a competing Zoroastrian empire as simply cool. There might be a few people who would have strange or reactionary notions to the Russian flag/characters/setting - but they would be crazy anyway...

Besides, I think most of us would welcome it as a simple change from the assumption that the group who leads humanity into space and forms an interstellar confederation will be derived from the United States (not that there is anything wrong with that, either - its just a bit tedious when most fictional universes are similar in the same respect)

P.S. Wing Commander III was the best (in terms of simulation dynamics)

Last edited by Avimimus; 07-23-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Default 2morrow War

The Tomorrow War is a space sim based on the trilogy of novels written by a famous Russian author, Alexander Zorich. These books are dedicated to the intergalactic war of two mighty empires. Along with the graduates of the military-space academy players will witness different stages of the conflict between United Earth Empire and Konkordia.

=================
hesslei..

new way to advertise
Old 08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Alexander Zorich' site about the Tomorrow War. Main caracter is Andrey (Andrew in english)Rumyancev the cadet of Russia's Northern Military Aerospace Academy. And you can read others also: http://zorich.ru/games/zavtra_vojna/eindex.htm
Old 08-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Really makes film about The Tomorrow War in Russia?
: http://www.zorich.ru/pics/zvposter1.jpg