Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

View Poll Results: 1C Games should release tools to allow Community improvement of CLIFFS OF DOVER
Yes, 1C should release tools to improve CoD 184 85.58%
No, 1C should not release tools 31 14.42%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Yes heaven forbid someone has a chance to fix the huge, gaping errors in the game.
Again, I don't want to end up in a situation where I have to face a Mach 2+ capable Hurricane just because some schmuck has "fixed" the huge, gaping errors in the game
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Yes, so much better that everything should be uniformly screwed.
Your so right, what was I thinking.
If everything is f'd were all equal!

EDIT: You want to make sure this sim dies? Cut off the modders.
People still buy IL2 46 so they can use mod content. Every week there are a few people at SAS asking about mods who buy the game because they see what is being accomplished with it.
Doubt that would have happened without modders.

Last edited by CWMV; 11-23-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Yes, so much better that everything should be uniformly screwed.
Your so right, what was I thinking.
If everything is f'd were all equal!

EDIT: You want to make sure this sim dies? Cut off the modders.
People still buy IL2 46 so they can use mod content. Every week there are a few people at SAS asking about mods who buy the game because they see what is being accomplished with it.
Doubt that would have happened without modders.
This sim is already dead, unless you've noticed. It was stillborn and barely started to breathe when 1C pulled the plug.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
Sorry, but I don't want to go online and have to fight people that has "improved" their game to cover for their own inability to fly and/or willingness to do anything to win.
VAC should prevent this...

Don't really see this as a problem. Servers would need to run these "FM fixes" anyway and i don't see that many CloD servers that would run horrible wrong mod packs like these.

Quote:
This sim is already dead, unless you've noticed.
Then i don't get why you're worrying about those game "improvements" anyway.

Especially in MP, it doesn't look that "dead" to me.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

My only problem with mods is that they split the community and no one ever agrees with FM's so mods only breathe extra life into a product nothing else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Ideally the mod tools should be available to everyone, and the servers should have the ability to exclude players that don't have a "Repka mod pack" or, possibly, a slightly different "ATAG mod pack" (to address and respect any small differences that the respective Server Admins have decided what FM mods best fits the needs of their respective community).

So offline, a player CAN have a "Mach 2 Hurricane" -- with 8 cannons if he so wishes -- yet to fly on an online server only a server-approved/designated mod pack can be used. I don't know if the files.sfs folder can be pre-screened by a server at this point.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Ideally the mod tools should be available to everyone, and the servers should have the ability to exclude players that don't have a "Repka mod pack" or, possibly, a slightly different "ATAG mod pack" (to address and respect any small differences that the respective Server Admins have decided what FM mods best fits the needs of their respective community).

So offline, a player CAN have a "Mach 2 Hurricane" -- with 8 cannons if he so wishes -- yet to fly on an online server only a server-approved/designated mod pack can be used. I don't know if the files.sfs folder can be pre-screened by a server at this point.

I agree with snaper

In my view the CLOD is the simulator more realistic in terms of FM along with XP, do not have another SIM that I can compete with these two simulators.
In addition We can not let the CLOD die, if the speculations are certain negative.

Please release in a timely SDK!

thank you
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

If parts of the rumors are true about a "modified" business model you'll never see an SDK.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Talking about FMs is weird anyway regarding this topic, because modding the FMs is possible for months already.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Global Moderator

This is not going to happen boys and girls. No sense to even go there.

If the source is released it will not be until the devs are sure there are no possibilities to sell the source to someone else or the code is hacked.

That will take time, or some risk taking persons to take chances. The code is proprietary and that has protections.