Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Non-Steam Physical Copy of WotN PLEASE!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to have this. All the other games, to date, have been offered this way. It would be great if WotN followed suit.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

bump
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Crossworlds started like this, too... remember? And half a year later we got a physical copy release. And then a Silver edition with AP. Do what I did, and wait... especially since right now, the game is unplayeable due to random crashes and bugs that make you tear out your hair in frustration.

I am playing XCom now, which is an awesome turn-based strategy. By the time I have finished it, I hope Katauri will fix WotN as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Even if you buy physical copy as you want, you still need steam to activate, and then chose to play off mode
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, but I don't have something to put on a shelf
Old 11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

You do realize a physical copy costs the developer more money. Software prices have not inflated in 20 years. The developers need some way to make a profit. Digital distribution is cheaper...therefore more profit.

Last edited by dbgager; 11-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgager View Post
You do realize a physical copy costs the developer more money. Software prices have not inflated in 20 years. The developers need some way to make a profit. Digital distribution is cheaper...therefore more profit.
Sales figures have gone up, though. And it doesn't cost the developer anything, it's the publisher who takes the hit, which is reclaimed with the sales. And if it's not profitable, then you're contradicted by the number of retail editions (even UK editions) of Armored Princess (i.e. a lot)

By not doing retail, 1C are missing out on a huge chunk of the market... and they will be doing retail, if the posts are to be believed.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

faraway foreign company... makes it easier to do a digital release, they've been eventually getting to physical copies and that makes sense! creating the physical copies and then negotiating to have them appear in stores, and then getting them to those stores takes a long time.

anytime a game releases on steam on the same day it releases in the store, guess what? all they've done is needlessly and pointlessly delay the steam release by weeks or months! so something that SEEMS good, is actually quite bad for gamers! (it's only good for the retail outlets)
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Crossworlds started like this, too... remember? And half a year later we got a physical copy release. And then a Silver edition with AP. Do what I did, and wait... especially since right now, the game is unplayeable due to random crashes and bugs that make you tear out your hair in frustration.

I am playing XCom now, which is an awesome turn-based strategy. By the time I have finished it, I hope Katauri will fix WotN as well.
You're exactly right! I've never been a "need it now" person when it comes to PC games. I just wanted to get some sort of confirmation that a physical copy would be coming to the US. Ultimately I would rather not have to bother with Steam, so I'm hoping by the time a US copy hits, Steam will only be an opition, and not mandatory.
I did notice that WotN is now available for DD on Amazon. So, hopefully, the phyiscal copy will be available sometime soon.
So keep reporting those bugs people!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Was wondering if anyone from 1C can let us know when a physical copy will be made available in the US?