Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
I dont know who to play through as! warrior or mage. i wanna cast good spells but i also want good leadership to get some of the best units! hard choice..
So go Paladin.

just started my 2nd run of the game and i still believe that if u are playing on hard/imposible he is the best option if u want to have both options.
even in low setting (normal and easy) he is great since he gets the extra 30 might and magic Runes which allow u to go deeper into the warrior and mage skill trees.

Last edited by Spiralkill; 09-30-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamake View Post
30, I believe. Same for the Spirits.
its not capped on 30 but i dont think that u can actually reach a higher lvl (exp point of view) since in order to reach lvl 31 u need the same amount of exp it took u to get from lvl 1 to 30.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

where do i find Inquisitors ?

i am in dwarfland lvl 15 and so far i have seen 7 for sale in tower in march early on.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
where do i find Inquisitors ?

i am in dwarfland lvl 15 and so far i have seen 7 for sale in tower in march early on.
If you are lvl 15 already and wanted inquisitors you should already have gotten that skill that allows you to upgrade priests into inquisitors.
A place to get them would be the Swamps in the Darion continent, from Furious Paladin (unless you turned him into undead) or the Temple of Lost Souls (or Deceased Souls don't really remember the exact name) which is south of Furious Paladin.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

i need my runes for magic skills. they cost crazy.

ty for help
Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Actualy if u are luky and find a sacrifice spell u dont need the inquisitor skill!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Default Need bigger disparity between player class

I loved KB back when I was a kid, HOMM helped me continue the flame for good turn-based strategy game. The KB:TL demo was really cool to begin with, nothing more can be said abt that. But I find it a huge disappointment later in the game; not only the non-replayable factor, the basic player class are just too blindly similar.

Each of the class shld have distinct AND powerful abilities.

Warrior Class
2 words: Brute force. Warriors should have very strong Attack &/or Defence advances after each level up. And at least +2 for both Attack/Defence should be a given for each levelup even when the user chooses neither. And addition +2 for the picked upgrade.

Mage Class
Mage shld be have same power as Warrior in magical sense to make these 2 classes even and worth playing. I had thought this is being addressed with the [Higher Magic] attribute, but it merely boosts spell casting to 2 per turn and max 3 times per battle is laughable. There should be at least spell level 4 upgrades for Mages, setting it distinctly apart from other classes. By level 4, there should introduce mass effects for most if not all of the spells, other than even more powerful spells. There should be endless spell casting in entire battle for mages and increase from basic 2x per turn to 3 on+after level10, 4x on+after level20, 5x at level30 (can cast spell at each unit turn).

Paladin Class
Paladin being the mix of warrior & mage can be hard to balance with other classes. The focus being on [Mind] should be natively enhancing own troops' use of their ability; like Mage's [Higher Magic] ability, but enhances each unit's unique non-rechargeable spell/skills in each battle to 2x after Paladin's new ability upgrade, and 4x on+after level10, 8x on+after level20, 16x on+after level30. Battles that take more than 16 turns & use of unit spell/skill is too long in my opinion, well I could be wrong as everyone's style of play is different.

The above is just building on top of the existing game features, so it won't be hard to implement as patch or addon to enhance gameplay. But after playing through entire game once, replaying again the same thing all over again is most dry and tasteless... but either way, this would be a great enhancement to this already great game. There are even more desireable game features which will totally set this game apart from other turn-based games but let's not go there here.

Jem

P.S. there's a minor error/bug(?) where Lake Dragonfly has mixed up hover description/tip for Weakness & Fire Resistance.

Last edited by Jem; 10-04-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I loved KB back when I was a kid, HOMM helped me continue the flame for good turn-based strategy game. The KB:TL demo was really cool to begin with, nothing more can be said abt that. But I find it a huge disappointment later in the game; not only the non-replayable factor, the basic player class are just too blindly similar.

Each of the class shld have distinct AND powerful abilities.

Warrior Class
2 words: Brute force. Warriors should have very strong Attack &/or Defence advances after each level up. And at least +2 for both Attack/Defence should be a given for each levelup even when the user chooses neither. And addition +2 for the picked upgrade.

Mage Class
Mage shld be have same power as Warrior in magical sense to make these 2 classes even and worth playing. I had thought this is being addressed with the [Higher Magic] attribute, but it merely boosts spell casting to 2 per turn and max 3 times per battle is laughable. There should be at least spell level 4 upgrades for Mages, setting it distinctly apart from other classes. By level 4, there should introduce mass effects for most if not all of the spells, other than even more powerful spells. There should be endless spell casting in entire battle for mages and increase from basic 2x per turn to 3 on+after level10, 4x on+after level20, 5x at level30 (can cast spell at each unit turn).

Paladin Class
Paladin being the mix of warrior & mage can be hard to balance with other classes. The focus being on [Mind] should be natively enhancing own troops' use of their ability; like Mage's [Higher Magic] ability, but enhances each unit's unique non-rechargeable spell/skills in each battle to 2x after Paladin's new ability upgrade, and 4x on+after level10, 8x on+after level20, 16x on+after level30. Battles that take more than 16 turns & use of unit spell/skill is too long in my opinion, well I could be wrong as everyone's style of play is different.

The above is just building on top of the existing game features, so it won't be hard to implement as patch or addon to enhance gameplay. But after playing through entire game once, replaying again the same thing all over again is most dry and tasteless... but either way, this would be a great enhancement to this already great game. There are even more desireable game features which will totally set this game apart from other turn-based games but let's not go there here.

Jem

P.S. there's a minor error/bug(?) where Lake Dragonfly has mixed up hover description/tip for Weakness & Fire Resistance.
Admittedly, classes do look somewhat simular on paper, but the game they play dramatically different. Warrior could never annihilate Karador using a single stack of green dragons, since he wont ever have enough runes, intelligence and skills. Mage isn't even a half as effective with rage offensive abilities. Paladin's strengths are order magic and that he isn't as terrible at rage and leadership as Mage is.

Classes are fine as they are. (Though I do hope we'll see something entirely different in the expansion).
Old 10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Registered Member

I think it would be hard for me to play as anything but a Mage.

The first time I was playing, I kind of screwed up and focused on sort of a Paladin (Even though I was a mage) and played someone who tried to do all three skill trees in the middle. In that game, it has played a lot different the second time. I got early access to a "Summon Pheonix" spell and I basically used that to win most battles. This time I haven't been as lucky, but I have been rocking anyway.

my favorite tactic so far is to sit back with one or two combat troops and the rest as magi or archers and blast. Meanwhile every turn I do magic and rage. I can't see how I would do that as a Warrior or a Paladin really.

I actually kind of feel bad when I lose an Archmage or something in battle.

One interesting tactic, and this is probably well known to many of you but here it is again:

1. Don't kill all the weak enemies in the starting area. Leave a few buzzing around.

2. Early on, if a merchant has 7 druids and you think you may want druids later, or you can steal a few griffin eggs without angering the griffin mountain, go ahead and put 1 of each of these troops in a garrison some place (don't forget where).

3. Get the Chaos Magic Skill "Sacrifice". This may be hard to do, take a little searching.

4. Go buy a bunch of cheap units like peasents or cheap thornguys. I am not sure if it really matters which one is most optimal. cheap is good. Make sure to bring that 1 special unit from your garrison with you.

5. Go into battle with the weak enemies. kill most of them, leave a few alive. You want to make the battle last a while so you can cast Sacrifice every turn chewing up the peasent stack and converting it to your new stack of killer griffins or druids or whatever.

I some times even make an extra batch or two of replacements.

I am sure later I will find some one who sells the cool units I need, but I do not care.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhon View Post
I think it would be hard for me to play as anything but a Mage.

The first time I was playing, I kind of screwed up and focused on sort of a Paladin (Even though I was a mage) and played someone who tried to do all three skill trees in the middle. In that game, it has played a lot different the second time. I got early access to a "Summon Pheonix" spell and I basically used that to win most battles. This time I haven't been as lucky, but I have been rocking anyway.

my favorite tactic so far is to sit back with one or two combat troops and the rest as magi or archers and blast. Meanwhile every turn I do magic and rage. I can't see how I would do that as a Warrior or a Paladin really.

I actually kind of feel bad when I lose an Archmage or something in battle.

One interesting tactic, and this is probably well known to many of you but here it is again:

1. Don't kill all the weak enemies in the starting area. Leave a few buzzing around.

2. Early on, if a merchant has 7 druids and you think you may want druids later, or you can steal a few griffin eggs without angering the griffin mountain, go ahead and put 1 of each of these troops in a garrison some place (don't forget where).

3. Get the Chaos Magic Skill "Sacrifice". This may be hard to do, take a little searching.

4. Go buy a bunch of cheap units like peasents or cheap thornguys. I am not sure if it really matters which one is most optimal. cheap is good. Make sure to bring that 1 special unit from your garrison with you.

5. Go into battle with the weak enemies. kill most of them, leave a few alive. You want to make the battle last a while so you can cast Sacrifice every turn chewing up the peasent stack and converting it to your new stack of killer griffins or druids or whatever.

I some times even make an extra batch or two of replacements.

I am sure later I will find some one who sells the cool units I need, but I do not care.
Yes sacrifice is probably the most broken spell in the game since it negates the problem of getting unlimited amount of strong units and one of the best part of it is that it actually works on units that cannot be resurrected (sacrifice something so get the lost unrestricted back and then resurrect the sacrificed).