Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

I decided to live with the fact that impossible noloss cannot be done in WotN, and it seems hard enough that an actual impossible completion is good enough for myself. I'd like to try hard no loss though.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

I kinda stopped my No Loss HARD paladin on Crossworlds, because after 3 no loss walkthroughs of previous KB games, it was just... boring and repetitive. So I go for low loss here. I am more interested in trying a Viking-only playthrough. The bear rider women and the Jarls seem sturdy units for Level 4 with great abilities (even if the Jarl is kinda ripping off the Paladins and Knights there), the Soothsayer has interesting spells, and I wonder if the vikings have any level 5 unit that could tank.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

if u manage to do no loss in the first island u are either really good or really lucky..

there are just too many hero fights early on and u dont have any decent tanks to take hits or ways to counter magic/deaths

Last edited by dudex; 10-27-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Spiders and snakes are also available via eggs on the first island, if I recall correctly. I seem to recall also getting fear... which doesn't work on undead.

Has anyone found a wanderer scroll in a chest in a battle... at all yet? I'm thinking they may no longer spawn there. A good unit summoner early on would no doubt make this all completely doable.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Gle55nn

Perhaps the Bear guy will sometimes sell polar bears?

Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samu66el View Post
I play first island on "normal" and that was easy.
Well then you should definitely switch to impossible if you seek any challenge coz first island is hardest point of the game as it seems.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
The tutorial fights will be easy, since you have the high level troops for it. But I'm pretty worried that you just won't be able to get off that first island without serious effort for no-loss. You don't get many spells, and most of your troop selection are medium health melee creatures. Slingers are very flimsy, and Berserkers can't really tank. Maybe if you limit yourself to soothsayers and Axe throwers?

Perhaps the Bear guy will sometimes sell polar bears?
Yeah, it's extremely difficult to pull off. Even killing the 4 heroes to get the whips was difficult because of their tendancy to cast damage-based spells. The major problem - and difference from the previous games - is that you are hemmed in. You just can't go anywhere else until you beat Ahriman, but it's very easy to get to a point where he's the only fight you have left (well, barring the huge skeleton/skeleton archer stack). If you had the option of hitting up another island, doing some more fights and leveling up, or finding different troops to hire, you might stand a chance.

I'm playing Mage/Hard, and I'm almost at the point of just saying "screw it" and accepting losses on the fight. Barring a restart, there's really nothing else I can do to try and improve my chances.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Maybe losses are inevitable in WoTN. Don't become too obsessed about it. Just try to enjoy the game.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

SPOILER

And there are two more fight to come. I was lucky and got three call of Nature spells which made he fight against Ahriman do-able - I only lost one berserker and might have been better in case I got snakes instead of 2x hyenas. But I'm quite sure you cannot win the next two battles without casualties (and I'm also quite sure someone will prove me wrong sooner or later ), so I said good-bye to a no-loss game for now.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Phoenix View Post
SPOILER

And there are two more fight to come. I was lucky and got three call of Nature spells which made he fight against Ahriman do-able - I only lost one berserker and might have been better in case I got snakes instead of 2x hyenas. But I'm quite sure you cannot win the next two battles without casualties (and I'm also quite sure someone will prove me wrong sooner or later ), so I said good-bye to a no-loss game for now.
I just gave up vs Ahriman and the next two bosses I no-lossed in a few tries without any special tactics. Maybe I just got incredibly lucky though. Restarting now since I want to find the way to beat this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy View Post
1). I have not played mage char. yet, but i guess you would need to upgrade rune magic to 2-3 (to affect soothsayers), which might be impossible on initial island.
Frankly Soothsayers are balls. Their resurrection spell is by far the worst in the game. You need rune magic just because Winter Dance and Magic Missile will be your only sources of damage.

I think you might have a chance of getting rune magic 3 if you manage to get to level 5 before Ahriman, which will require Gifted Warrior ASAP. Has anyone been level 5 before him? You'll still need good Might rune drops though.

As for non-mages: Godspeed.

Last edited by Loopy; 10-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.