Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

well, that is not true if we talk about mothership turrets

for fighters, some cannons shoot like pules laser, u got the same result
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Hmm, and how about pulse lasers vs. particle cannons. I have found that for fighters, Ternie with particle guns (supported by a Prototype X) is killing enemies like crazy while my char with pulse lasers is having difficulties sometime. I have even seen Ternie to kill 3 fighters by one shot. Well they were 1st gen, but still, it was a nice look.
How would this be on a MS? So far I have used only kinetics and pulse lasers on my MS's during all my playthroughs. Shall I spend some money and get particle turrets?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

1 kill 3, amazing

Now, I am flying a decoy all the time, as a combat engineer
Ternia, the laser gunner, is running the mother ship, with laser proficiency,
while Greyhair is the scout and gunner

i did not buy any Mainframe upgrade, and will not buy any.
and I'm very close to fly a G4 fighter now, but the first G4 will be a decoy fighter as well.

Ternia with 3 G1 combat laser is also deadly enough, as long as my tiny Mastiff is not the target.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

I made test in Betha Lathera 1, at normal with pulse lasers or particles ac. turrets , not problem with two Kali shields and Tungsten to stay ot one place and shot all coming MSF troops and get easy points.

With kinetic guns was my Mastiff riped by second wave of the fighters.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

using large caliber canon like M-102 Rolf or Testubo is deadly, u can watch the health bar deacresing very fast
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

but they have shorter range and awful accuracy. High ROF guns become good only when supported by "Gun Dispersion" and "Frequent Criticals" perks. Of course, max possible gunnery is recommended.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Trucidation

Maybe because it's I played normal, but laser reduction on enemies wasn't a big problem.

But if you watch carefully, as jerryfanfan noticed, pilots don't fly with their gun triggers depressed constantly. They shoot in bursts, and the lull between those bursts hurts high RoF/low dmg guns. Also, manually aiming for your pilots is a dramatic improvement.

Try it: enable pause when selected target is destroyed. Then select a pilot and use the camera to follow behind him. Aim targets for him. As soon as one is destroyed, click on a nearby target which is roughly travelling in the same direction - not necessarily the nearest target. This way it's possible to take out an entire wing of fighters in a continuous salvo. When it pauses at the final kill you'll see all the explosions paused which makes it look like you shot them all at once like Killer did.

Left to itself the AI tends to fly away and wheel around before selecting another target to fire at. That's why manual aiming is better, common sense will tell you it's easier to hit a target which is travelling away from you because you have time to tail it and line up your shot. The AI is probably simply picking the nearest target, and since the nearest target also tends to be one flying towards you, the AI has no time to shoot and has to wheel around to line up an attack run.