Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Yup...being able to pick any plane you goddamn want-even a unicorn, or Me 262 in BoB; is a staple of replayability....a mistake that should'nt be made for the sequal. Unfortunately, without the 'net [I'm borrowing someone's computer;] I may never be able to enjoy any of the downloadable content...and all the ground-attack missions will hence forever remain tedious to me; as the flak simply can't hit me;0( Not once...and I finished the game weeks ago....but I've complained about that before. It's a very good thing there'll be a patch for it anyway; I would support it if I could;0(

Anyways...how about making the lock on camera pressure-sensitive; allowing you to zoom riiigghht in....;0) How awesome would that be; and it would be easy to implement;0) No great programming/hardware challenge at all. Zooms are always cinematic, and usefull too.

The main improvement I want to see for the true sequel...is a battlefield that's massively alive with flak-a true [and truely dangerous] spectacle to behold [the patch is sorely needed; but will still result in only a few random AA guns following you around.] It should be awe-inspiring at low level, and intimidating. Have just finished Rudel's book 'Stuka Pilot'...destroyed more than 500! tanks, shot down 30 times....only once by fighters.

Dynamic damage modelling I would consider less important...as what's in the game, is impressive enough already=diminishing returns. Instead, if the developers still have some extra cpu power they think they can squeeze out of the console...better clouds would'nt go amiss. Clouds with shape, that don't dissappear as soon as you fly into them.

Anywho...that's enough for now;0)
Old 10-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

Would love to see more fighters and bombers in the game and a patch to select planes on missions and maybe some more missions with new planes, like flying the night missions of world war II, but more planes por favor

planes
Hawker Tempest
Hawker Typhoon
North American B-25
Consolidated B-24
Tupolov Tu-3
Petlyakov Pe-2
Petlyakov Pe-8
Avro Lancaster
Short Sterling
Handly Page Halifax
Chance-Vought F4U
Martin B-26
SIAI Marchetti SM.79
SIAI Marchetti SM.81
Mikoyan Gurevich Mig-3

it would be cool to see more planes, but let take the shattered night skies of war torn europe

Last edited by ravage27; 10-18-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: forgot to add a plane to the list
Old 10-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassistedllama View Post
Yup...being able to pick any plane you goddamn want-even a unicorn, or Me 262 in BoB; is a staple of replayability....a mistake that should'nt be made for the sequal. Unfortunately, without the 'net [I'm borrowing someone's computer;] I may never be able to enjoy any of the downloadable content...and all the ground-attack missions will hence forever remain tedious to me; as the flak simply can't hit me;0( Not once...and I finished the game weeks ago....but I've complained about that before. It's a very good thing there'll be a patch for it anyway; I would support it if I could;0(

Anyways...how about making the lock on camera pressure-sensitive; allowing you to zoom riiigghht in....;0) How awesome would that be; and it would be easy to implement;0) No great programming/hardware challenge at all. Zooms are always cinematic, and usefull too.

The main improvement I want to see for the true sequel...is a battlefield that's massively alive with flak-a true [and truely dangerous] spectacle to behold [the patch is sorely needed; but will still result in only a few random AA guns following you around.] It should be awe-inspiring at low level, and intimidating. Have just finished Rudel's book 'Stuka Pilot'...destroyed more than 500! tanks, shot down 30 times....only once by fighters.

Dynamic damage modelling I would consider less important...as what's in the game, is impressive enough already=diminishing returns. Instead, if the developers still have some extra cpu power they think they can squeeze out of the console...better clouds would'nt go amiss. Clouds with shape, that don't dissappear as soon as you fly into them.

Anywho...that's enough for now;0)
Plane choice for the replay wouldn't amount to all that much if it was kept reasonable, since the available planes are so limited, there'd be 1 or 2 appropriate planes from the right air force for each mission

but I agree the flak is way to easy, you can pretty much just ignore it even in simulation. Unfortunately I've already finished the whole thing so it would all be replay.

I started up a practice mission on Targetware yesterday and was immediately destroyed by flak every time I suicidally attacked Tobruk with my bf109e.

Good flak would also make Strike mode much more interesting online.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Approved Member

FuzzyChickens, that shot is just a screen off the internet.

1946 on my computer has the lowest settings and no mods.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

A free flight mode(training with no enemies) so one can just fly around, perform landings and aerial manouvers...

Or am I an idiot and you can select no enemies on training, I'm not at home so can't check!...
Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

The update would be greatly appreciated...still play the game, but I would love German cockpits.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

German missions, IMO there is no political incorrectness, because nearly all soldiers (pilots) fought for their friends and country, and not for the "political" reasons
although I may feel guilty shooting down my grandfather (actually no, no wimpys in the game!!!!)
....Wellington, hallifaxes, and please ....the lanc
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

HOW ABOUT REALEASING THE GODDAM PATCH THAT YOU SAID YOU HAD RELEASED OVER 2 WEEKS AGO ???
THEN MAYBE WE MIGHT WANT TO SPEND SOME CASH ON DLC
but you are not getting another penney out of me till you fix your game !!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leweegibo View Post
A free flight mode(training with no enemies) so one can just fly around, perform landings and aerial manouvers...

Or am I an idiot and you can select no enemies on training, I'm not at home so can't check!...
Just put up an enemy plane that has no chance of shooting you down, and then ignore it and do what you like. The Po-2 is good for this.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Just put up an enemy plane that has no chance of shooting you down, and then ignore it and do what you like. The Po-2 is good for this.

Select the arado, it has no guns so just flies around doing nothing haha.

Anyway my suggestion to the devs -

Some info on the patch please. You said your worknig on it and it would be out soon, but we've heard ntohing since. An update would be nice.

cheers