Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-26-2022, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
So it could be the sound wrapper as others suggested
Is this problem appears only in Windows10?
Old 07-27-2022, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

I now have 4.15 working with sound with Realtek audio in Windows 10!

After failing to get the game to start despite trying all 8 install options twice, I have been trying a few alternative fixes.

The thing that worked for me was selecting "Windows Sonic for Headphones" under "Spatial sound" in my Windows 10 speaker options. On my PC setup these speaker options are most easily accessed by right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar.

Immediately after doing so I tested the Creative sound install that I had done earlier and it works, with or without headphones! Woohoo! I don't see myself doing much real-life work today!
Old 07-27-2022, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

I tried that and i only get red lights on in dsoa xp eax 2 and the indirect, still no sound, i rolled my realtek back to original so now it says realtek again. when i try creative it dosnt activate any of the eax settings. very frustrating indeed. Glad your up and running. what are your settings creative and client or console?
Old 07-27-2022, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
... Glad your up and running. what are your settings creative and client or console?
Thanks stugumby, I'm glad to be up and running, though I'm not sure that it's all good yet.

I'm actually running on the Indirect sound option now because the Creative one has no sound now. Somehow the Spatial sound option had kicked back to "Off" and now using "Windows Sonic" has no effect.

I'm not sure whether they are console or classic because I made those installs a couple of days ago and only named them by sound card option. I think they were classic installs.

In regard to EAX lights, when I go into the non-working Creative sound page I see no lights. When I go into the working Indirect sound page I have lights for EAX 1 and EAX 2, which I think is the limit for my Realtek audio setup. Fingers crossed it stays that way after next reboot!
Old 07-27-2022, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Client or console will not impact anything related to your issue.
Client just start the game as usual, Console allows having the console right at the start of the game, this allows seeing errors or debug messages when the game starts. Apart from that there is no difference between those two options.

Regarding the sound wrappers, in most of the case DOSAL or DOSAL XP should work fine (one of the two depending on your install). If none are working indirect sound should always work but support only a limited set of features (for example you will be limited in the number of available channels (the number of simultaneous sounds that the game can play at the same time))

The lights show which level of EAX supported by the wrapper in use. There will always only 2 for Indirect Sound.

@stugumby Concerning your issue, I've sent you a PM, please check it.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
I tried that and i only get red lights on in dsoa xp eax 2 and the indirect, still no sound, i rolled my realtek back to original so now it says realtek again. when i try creative it dosnt activate any of the eax settings. very frustrating indeed. Glad your up and running. what are your settings creative and client or console?
what if try to stay with sound from 4.14.1?
i mean during instalation of 4.15 not select - install any sound variants?

for more clearest experement best way to install in on fresh copy of 4.14.1

Old 07-27-2022, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Up and running yipeeee!!

Ok, so i was stooging around looking at working 4141 conf ini and compared it to no sound 415 ini, found my sound set to 0 in conf ini!! changed that to sound=1 and bammo working sound now, using dsoa xp with auto select gave me in a cave sound, went to eax2 and working now! many thanks to Catsy who asked me to send him my conf ini.
Old 07-27-2022, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

that is good news)

Old 07-29-2022, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Emergency HUD message He-177

At first thx for the good work!

Only a small detail. The small mistake is still present.The emergency HUD message on the He-177 is displayed incorrectly ("Forsazh!" instead of ("Erhöhte Notleistung EIN!") in the German localization.
See the screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg He177.jpg (61.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-29-2022, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Thanks again to the team for all the hard work on 4.15! And also to all who have helped with info and suggestions. I am now running with the DSO XP option showing EAX 4 lights!

I'm still just getting into it, but I'm loving the increased number of in-cockpit sounds from bullets and shells hitting the aircraft! I get that a lot!

I would like to report an apparent bug though.

One of the guys at M4T reported getting pink skins when trying to use custom skins on the P-38. I also had trouble getting skins to work on stationary C-47s, so I did some checks. It seems there is a bug, but it doesn't happen on all maps, or for all aircraft. It is very hit and miss, but only in 4.15.

For example, go to the Normandy1 map in 4.15 and try skinning a P-38J or C-47. It works fine. But try it on the Italy online or Kursk maps and it doesn't work. Do the same with an I-16 Type 5, F4F-4, F6F-5 and others, and they work.

I don't know how many maps or aircraft are affected by this. I stopped looking when I got to 3 maps and 2 aircraft.

It also affects stationary aircraft, C-47s and P-38Js at least. They don't go pink, they just won't accept skins on those maps.

It seems that default skin settings for these maps may be overriding the custom skin settings somehow. I wonder if there is a simple fix for this.

For me personally this is very disappointing because it means that many missions built with fairly historically correct skins now have totally incorrect markings in 4.15, if they work at all. For example, my Fw 190 Aces mission now displays pre-war US roundels on the stationary C-47s, while all the US aircraft around them are correctly marked with 1944 US roundels, and it seems there is nothing I can do to fix this except to change them to be RAF C-47s instead of USAAF!