Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Val and kate cruising speeds??

Seems i cant my val to go over 240 kph ias at any altitude with 3 bombs and 80% fuel, seems way slower now, using 80% power 80% pitch rad 4 and it just cant keep up with the ai or other flight members.
kate seems a bit slower but dosnt seem to verheat as quickly with similar settings. Any tips etc?
Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Seems i cant my val to go over 240 kph ias at any altitude with 3 bombs and 80% fuel, seems way slower now, using 80% power 80% pitch rad 4 and it just cant keep up with the ai or other flight members.
kate seems a bit slower but dosnt seem to verheat as quickly with similar settings. Any tips etc?
In the mission builder, the generic speed for all aircraft is set to 300 km/hr. Now if you do a little bit of research you find that a good speed for D3A1s is 160 knots at 3000 feet and for the B5N2 its 140 knots at 3000 feet. That's 260 km/hr for Kates and 296 km/hr for Vals. But you have to set this speed in the mission builder.

Know are you also adjusting your mixture and prop pitch as you need to? Also what is the loadout of your wingmen? Perhaps they have lighter loadouts and are therefore faster.

Keep in mind if you adjust your speed in the mission builder you may have to adjust your target waypoint a little as well. (If target is something stationary then this does not apply)
Old 08-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Mission settings were set at 3000m flight altitude, 275kph at all waypoints, ai can do it but as player i cant keep up, there is no supercharger on the val, power and pitch set as player is 80% for both with radiator 2 to 4 to stay cool, bomb load is max with fuel at 80% as well, map has no wind settings enabled, have tried it on wake and crimea maps, same result. ias reading is 245-250 kph on hud display. All flights same parameters, same loadouts etc. Removing the underwing bombs give little improvement, should have reduced drag and overall gross weight.

targeting, its the airfield at wake island, val also has a bug where it just wont level bomb in a flight, you can do it yourself but the rest of the flight will go into line astern at last waypoint before target bomb icon and act as dive bombers, this is with the bomb icon unlinked to any ground object. have tried this from 3000-5000m altitude. A-20C does this as well until you go over 5000m altitude. I'm game stock no mods.

Can you post your speed sources, I use Wikipedia and divide the posted speed of 380 kph by 80% and tinker from there?

Last edited by stugumby; 08-21-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: text update
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

http://www.combinedfleet.com/ijna/ijnaf.htm
This where I was able to locate some speeds. You have to get away from the thinking setting 80% and 80% is the best.
Prop pitch controls rpm, power also controls rpm. Lets take the Ju-87 for a moment. The aircraft guide with game says cruising is 2100 rpm. (I know you didn't ask about Ju-87, just using it as example) So lets say I am at 100% power and I adjust prop pitch to whatever % I need to give me 2100 rpm. Now If I reduce power I will probably need to increase prop pitch to maintain cruising of 2100 rpm.
Also you loose power with altitude so you have to make adjustments there as well.
Basically what I am saying is that there is no set 80/80 or whatever generic setting that will always give you perfect engine setting for every plane. You have to figure out what speed you want and adjust manifold pressure and rpm as necessary to maintain that speed. Learn to read your gauges, will tell you all you need to know.

Last edited by Marabekm; 08-22-2015 at 10:00 AM.