Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Default How to install ClOD on new computer?

I have a new Computer. I have Cliffs installed on my old computer, but haven't "flown" it in a year due to graphics card failure.

How do I install CloD on the new computer? Do I install it from my original DVD, using the same original Registration Key Code? Will that automatically connect me to my Steam Account?

I also have original DVDs and Key Codes for Shogun 2 and Homefront which are on my Steam account, so I have the same question regarding those games.

I have the same question for my two Call of Duty games at Steam (for which I do NOT have original DVDs any longer).

After I have Cliffs installed and recognized at Steam, how/where do I get the latest patch? Is the latest patch comprehensive, including all mods/patches/etc made over the past 18 months?

Any help/sadvice will be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Install steam, then login to your steam account. Then install from disk or steam... Simple.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Approved Member

Thanks.

Another question: Would ClOD benefit from being installed on my new Solid State Drive rather than my 7200RPM HDD?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Yes, you could put your OS on there too for faster boots.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

I just got a new i7 quad core computer system with windows 8. Set up FSX with all my add-ons with no problem. Runs great.

Next went for first time install of IL-2 COD from new disc purchase. Accessed my Steam Account. Activated IL-2 COD. Steam loaded and updated everything with no error messages. I verified the cache, etc. When I try to run COD either from desktop or from my Steam Library I get the message "Installing Microsoft VC Redistributable Package (step 1 of 1)"..... then nothing. No message. No error. No crash. No nothing ? ? ? I'm guessing a problem with version of Visual C or Net Framework or ? Don't have a clue how to proceed from here.

Edit: Here's the fix. Works great

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

Last edited by lorenzoj; 01-10-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Found A Fix
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

I just installed activated Borderlands 2 (A Free coupon which came with my new GeForce graophics Card....not a game I would want/buy).

As happens with many (all?) Steam activations I see the VC redistributable msg...I never understand why, because i obviously must already have the "Package" installed on my PC from otehr Games. I've never had a problem with running a game after that VC Redist window closes.

Wish I could be of help, but that's all I know.