Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

I have three possibility:

1. Install the game on my bad laptop and try with patch.
2. Install the game on the good computer in my house, but I without patch, cause my father.
3. Convince my parent to buy another laptop (Alienware) at 1000$.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Choice 4) Shop around and build your own desktop for less than the Alienware laptop giving you more space for future upgrading. : )

I don't know the price of components where you are but my rig was bought as is and cost £500 a few years ago and the graphics card, which was added more recently, cost me £75. I'm fairly confident, once the patch is out, that it will run CloD pretty well (Though not at full graphics. Believe it or not, Medium settings look pretty nice!). The equivalent of mine nowadays would cost an awful lot less and, in fact, even cheaper if built from scratch.... that applies to PCs that would trample all over my one as well

If you shop smartly, you should be able to build a good enough machine for a really reasonable amount of cash..... with the added bonus of being able to just pop a great graphics card in once you have a job (I'm assuming you don't have one at the mo.)
Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

The problem is that I don't have the space for a desktop PC and I don't know how to build one from scratch. I prefer to buy one.
it's too complicated the life with laptop and computer in general
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

You would be surprised just how easy they are to construct. Can't help you with the space requirements, of course. lol The thing is... they don't really take up that much room.... I had a friend who lived in his brother's attic, surrounded by boxes and old furniture and he managed to fit a PC in there somehow. It was quite funny watching him hunched up in the corner like Quasimodo trying to play Oblivion.

The other thing about space.... (And I know there are some who will disagree with me here)..... please tell me you aren't planning on playing this with a Hotas Joystick?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Joystick for what?

I have already a cheap and old joystick for Il2 1946 without force feedback.
But playing Skyrim with Joystick

I found that on internet.
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X17L-2250...3499319&sr=8-1

It's not enought money and I can have directx 11 with Geforce GTX 525m.
I think I will be able to play a lot of game with that during the next 5 years.

Last edited by nic727; 04-04-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post

I found that on internet.
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X17L-2250...3499319&sr=8-1

It's not enought money and I can have directx 11 with Geforce GTX 525m.
I think I will be able to play a lot of game with that during the next 5 years.
Please don't do that. Laptops are not made for serious gaming and ofcourse not for simulations that have twice the requirement of Call of duty for instance. For that amount of money, please, get your room issues solved and build a pc from scratch. I'm sure there are lot of people, including me, that can help you and to be honest it's very very easy. Every cable and screw has it's counterpart. You actually can't do anything wrong. Don't buy laptop for gaming, pls.
In the long run, you'll come out cheaper with a real pc cause you can upgrade everytime you like and don't have to buy a complete laptop everytime.

Last edited by Luftwaffepilot; 04-04-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

^ This man speaks sense

Whatever you choose to do in the end, I make one request of you......

Fly German! Only German! There is only one thing in this world that is worse than using a laptop for gaming..... and that is Spitfires.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

I guess you just fear a bit to build a pc system from scratch ,as u never did before. Take it as a banter "Notebooks are for Office only". Of course you can play several games, but at the end you pay double for less power in the box.

However, if you think you have space probs in your room (wasnt canada the country with the wide open areas and Japan the one where to live in boxes...?)consider to get a cube e.g. by Lian Li, who produce very compact cases. Invest once around 800€ and you will be fine the next 3-4 yrs.

Kiss your idea of gaming, on a notebook with joy, goodbye.
I got my first PC by a supermarket offer almost 20yrs ago.
After it I got me a Dell Inspiron, which was double price, and i expected it to be double that powerfull, you cant imagine what much I regreted my decision.

On topic, you dont need a demo for Clodo, if you like Il2 , you will like Clodo, but Clodo just needs a bit time though.
For hardware testing reasons, I can tell ya your noty wont make it, for you to play with fun & joy.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
^ This man speaks sense

Whatever you choose to do in the end, I make one request of you......

Fly German! Only German! There is only one thing in this world that is worse than using a laptop for gaming..... and that is Spitfires.
+1
Old 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

All things considered we have a few Germans in our crew who love Spitfires It takes all sorts.....

@ Volkseig, did you see/consider my reply to this?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30915