Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 02-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

and some people claim this is the future... a flawed future that will crumble

steam is like the modern day AOL
Old 02-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorak View Post
and some people claim this is the future... a flawed future that will crumble

steam is like the modern day AOL
EA's Origin service is a modern day AOL, Steam is a success story.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

I honestly don't mind Steam that much (not that I love it but, yeah), this was a question to Luthiers team why they block me from hosting a local server (testing missions WIP) when not able to connect to steam, thats all.

(now of course I added a singleplayer plane temporarily to the mission testing it through the singleplayer interface, but I felt this need to be stubborn and scream out my frustration , the block is still silly IMO - I'll buy Luthier a beer if he fix it)

EA Origin on the other hand, I could kill people or even wipe out a country or two to get rid of that.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

HA Steam. Evil I tells ya EVIL!!!!
6 Gig Ram, Kingston hyper Blah blah
X58 Gigabyte M/Board
Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

I would really like if 1C/MG would drop Steam for the IL2 series.

For IL2 I don't want to connect to an online service, when all I want is to play offline. I don't want to be forced to install the latest patch. I don't want to have the same nick in IL2 as in all the other Steam online games.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Steam is the devil i hope it burns in hell
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
The amount that steam is actually down is minimal. Some multiplayer games will function on Steam when Steam is down. For example Company of Heroes is still working as multiplayer because they host their own server connection through Relic.

So really the set up is not Steams fault entirely. Sometimes Steam friends goes down yet you can still play online and some times the whole things down for maintence.

It will be back up in a couple hours, why dont you read a book or watch a documentary? You know you've been putting it off.

Alternatively you can come on the 1c forum and B**** and whine!

Farber, it's just not acceptable for global services like this to drop - at all! I'm pretty sure that somebody within that company will be getting a very serious roasting for today's fiasco.

Ask yourself how many times Facebook has been down since it started, or Amazon or Google or Twitter or any other public service business. It may be that in your line of work that downtime is acceptable, but in IT is just isn't - not if you're serious anyway.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Farber, it's just not acceptable for global services like this to drop - at all! I'm pretty sure that somebody within that company will be getting a very serious roasting for today's fiasco.

Ask yourself how many times Facebook has been down since it started, or Amazon or Google or Twitter or any other public service business. It may be that in your line of work that downtime is acceptable, but in IT is just isn't - not if you're serious anyway.

Well, they made another announcement about being hacked and the investigation, so 1+1=5: They were attacked by a DoS? Dont blame me, blame Anonymous...
Old 02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

So they have **** security which they still haven't improved. Do you think that other major players haven't been hacked before? They don't drop. You can defend them all you like Farber but I'm telling you, it sucks to fall over like that.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 02-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=385