Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Default reinstalling clod

Do I need to manually delete files in program(x86) steamapps and 1C SoftClub in documents to fully uninstall, I unchecked steam cloud and deleted local content but when I reinstalled the game all my config settings and screenshots and stuff are still there, I want to reinstall fresh with default settings, or do I need to delete steam and reinstall? thanks, Jay
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Config files are stored in Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder. You can just delete them. No need to reinstall as they will be replaced with default ones automatically. You may want to save and keep keysettings file though.

Screenshots are stored somewhere in Steam. You can find the folder via Steam screenshots menu.

Last edited by Ataros; 02-09-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
Do I need to manually delete files in program(x86) steamapps and 1C SoftClub in documents to fully uninstall, I unchecked steam cloud and deleted local content but when I reinstalled the game all my config settings and screenshots and stuff are still there, I want to reinstall fresh with default settings, or do I need to delete steam and reinstall? thanks, Jay

You could uninstall clod, delete softclub, and uninstall steam but some information will remain, such as mission titles and some config settings...not sure where they are hiding that

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 02-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Hey, for what its worth, I put a clean win7 64 OS on my computer a few weeks back. I had winXP 32, and did a complete format of my HD before installing win7. After reinstalling Steam and CloD, my controls and other screen options were the same as before.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

I you have Steam Cloud enabled, all the settings are stored on the net and restored from there whenever needed.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post
I you have Steam Cloud enabled, all the settings are stored on the net and restored from there whenever needed.

So that makes sense...in that case one would need to disable cloud before re-downloading the game, only this did not work for the op. Or simply let the cloud store your preferred settings.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 02-09-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

It worked, I deleted everything under steamapps and 1C SoftClub, I also made a copy of my controls and keymap settings just in case, unchecked steam cloud for IL-2 then for steam itself and installed the game, everything seems to be at default, all video settings and message boxes reset to original, controls all set to default. Thanks, Jay

P.S. I think I'm going to leave steam cloud unchecked, I don't see any need for it since I'm going to be using only one computer, any other reason why you think I would need it?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
It worked, I deleted everything under steamapps and 1C SoftClub, I also made a copy of my controls and keymap settings just in case, unchecked steam cloud for IL-2 then for steam itself and installed the game, everything seems to be at default, all video settings and message boxes reset to original, controls all set to default. Thanks, Jay

P.S. I think I'm going to leave steam cloud unchecked, I don't see any need for it since I'm going to be using only one computer, any other reason why you think I would need it?
Unespected and complete HD failure.
GTX 560
Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

I have steam cloud turned off. For some time after I first installed CoD I had some sort of corruption where I couldn't fly the Rotol Hurri or any of the single missions without a crash at 95% loading. Even numerous reinstalls did not fix it until I tried with cloud disabled!
I play on one computer, and have my settings backed up so can't really see the need to enable cloud.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
I have steam cloud turned off. For some time after I first installed CoD I had some sort of corruption where I couldn't fly the Rotol Hurri or any of the single missions without a crash at 95% loading. Even numerous reinstalls did not fix it until I tried with cloud disabled!
I play on one computer, and have my settings backed up so can't really see the need to enable cloud.

Good advice...done