Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Young friend with install problems

I'll just put up what he wrote in an email..That should be best.

i have been trying out your gamemil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover that you sent my dad and it did not seem to work the first time round... but... it did work the second time... and it worked like a charm!!! atleast,that is,untill i tried to fly... the hole game was in rusian. now of coarse i do not know rusian so i could not find language options in the menu after searching for about five hours... so i gave up and went on to flying it all in rusian. the only word in rusian i understood was missions. so i got into the game and i tried to bank left... it didnt move...so yanked back and forth on it and nothing happend...then i tried to use the throttle... and suprisingly that was the only thing that worked... so then i thought "Oh no problem ill just fix it in the options"...then i then i thought about it... i do not know Options in rusian... so i looked it up and surly enuf there it was in the menu. then i came to another problem... i did not understand any of the words in the options pannle. pleas reply i need help to set this up...
================================================== ================

See if you can figure it out for him.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

You can maybe try this option here > http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ussian+english

If that doesnt work then likely he will need to get the registration key changed by Steam from a russian key to english through steam support.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I'll just put up what he wrote in an email..That should be best.

i have been trying out your gamemil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover that you sent my dad and it did not seem to work the first time round... but... it did work the second time... and it worked like a charm!!! atleast,that is,untill i tried to fly... the hole game was in rusian. now of coarse i do not know rusian so i could not find language options in the menu after searching for about five hours... so i gave up and went on to flying it all in rusian. the only word in rusian i understood was missions. so i got into the game and i tried to bank left... it didnt move...so yanked back and forth on it and nothing happend...then i tried to use the throttle... and suprisingly that was the only thing that worked... so then i thought "Oh no problem ill just fix it in the options"...then i then i thought about it... i do not know Options in rusian... so i looked it up and surly enuf there it was in the menu. then i came to another problem... i did not understand any of the words in the options pannle. pleas reply i need help to set this up...
================================================== ================

See if you can figure it out for him.
You have the Russian version installed.

You need the EU version.

If you made a mistake in Steam with the local language Steam would be in Russian.
The Russian version is a single language installation only.

@ Richie if you have the English version you can send your maddox file to them, it will convert it to English till the next patch is out, obviously the EU versions a better permanent solution.

It is still legitimate with Steam as the games been purchased with it own license key, the file converts the Cyrillic to English text.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-25-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

He should register on here. Thanks very much you two.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Worth checking this old thread about converting Russian version by replacing maddox.dll (at the end).

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19604
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

If he purchased the Russian version by mistake he should try to return it and get an international one. Otherwise he has to replace maddox.dll after each patch. I do not think it is 100% legal or ethical because Russian version is cheaper as it is published by 1C, not by UBI.

Maybe the maddox.dll solution will not work one day at all as UBI probably fights piracy to get more $$$.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

We'll find out when he reads it tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Can't guarantee it works either. I bought the EU version by pre order but got the Russian version when the epilepsy filter fiasco was revealed. Ended up being a wasted purchase after the epilepsy filter was made optional anyway...
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

BTW how does he know it is Russian? Some European countries also use Cyrillic alphabet IIRC. In this case he can just switch language in Steam probably.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

I don't know yet. This is pacific time in BC Canada still only 4:55am lol. What I don't understand is where he would get a Russian game?