Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Second thought, I'm going to leave it checked, that way when the patch comes and I enable cloud my settings will be current, also I want to get an Solid State Drive soon, Thanks, Jay
Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

i find it amusing hearing about all these people that reinstall and uninstall this game like crazy hoping for miracle fixes or that somehow reinstall fixes problems magically.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

I'm one of those that has unistalled and re-installed CoD mainly because I had "Launcher" problems that a lot of us have been troubled by. Everything going ok so I decided to remove some nolonger required programs from my PC then I started having "Launcher not working" when trying to get CoD started. Tried to get suggestions to fix it from steam support but everything they suggested didn't work. A re-install of SP1 with W7 finally got every thing working again ok. My only assumption is that during the unistall process of the unwanted programs that some shared Dll's were removed and the re-install of SP1 fixed the missing Dll's. Supprisingly I now seem to have slightly smoother game play and a small fps increase.

Rick
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Question

So I got a Steam support ticket started hoping for a refund as I tried EVERYTHING (aside from reinstalling Win 7), but I see people saying delete "1C Softclub" items, and I do not have that folder in C:/users/jself/ -- theres no "Documents" folder, there is "My Documents", and no 1C folder in there.

I haven't even been able to launch or play the game since the launcher always crashes around kernelbase.dll -- so perhaps it doesn't create the 1C folders as it hasn't initialized... am I right? Or is it cause Steam Cloud sync is on?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

I have steam cloud turned off.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Tried that too, no dice. Well I'm downloading War Thunder so Hopefully Steam refunds me.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Well, reinstalled Windows 7 and it works. Geez.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
It worked, I deleted everything under steamapps and 1C SoftClub, I also made a copy of my controls and keymap settings just in case, unchecked steam cloud for IL-2 then for steam itself and installed the game, everything seems to be at default, all video settings and message boxes reset to original, controls all set to default. Thanks, Jay

P.S. I think I'm going to leave steam cloud unchecked, I don't see any need for it since I'm going to be using only one computer, any other reason why you think I would need it?
I also need to reset to default.
I deleted all files and folders within steamapps folder on my PC.

I dont know though how to find 1C Softclub and where exactly is the settings to uncheck steamcloud ? I presume you connect to steam but then what ? wats the path to that check box ?

BOBC