Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

No, I decided not to use Armageddon for the final fight. It would have been too easy and I don't like wasting my own dragons like this. From memory I had black, red and green dragons, orc shamans and knights. The last two are basically just there to absorb hits and spells, and they are both very tough. There's no point using Fire Rain in this fight due to dragons having good fire resistance, so I think I used Geyser and then Ghost Blade. I won VERY easily, too easily in fact. In my fight game this was a tough fight, but not with the Mage.

I had that staff that gave 50% attack for animals too, but I didn't like it because the morale went down when you fight certain enemies. It is easier to defeat the keepers of compared to the Archmage staff, however. With Xeona (demon wife) you can equip three weapons in total, so I had 2 x Archmage staff and alternated between the dragon sword and the demon sword (I forget the name).
Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
No, I decided not to use Armageddon for the final fight. It would have been too easy and I don't like wasting my own dragons like this. From memory I had black, red and green dragons, orc shamans and knights. The last two are basically just there to absorb hits and spells, and they are both very tough. There's no point using Fire Rain in this fight due to dragons having good fire resistance, so I think I used Geyser and then Ghost Blade. I won VERY easily, too easily in fact. In my fight game this was a tough fight, but not with the Mage.

I had that staff that gave 50% attack for animals too, but I didn't like it because the morale went down when you fight certain enemies. It is easier to defeat the keepers of compared to the Archmage staff, however. With Xeona (demon wife) you can equip three weapons in total, so I had 2 x Archmage staff and alternated between the dragon sword and the demon sword (I forget the name).
You sir have no shame! leading an army of Demons when you have perfectly good humans at your side!

Disgusting Try winning the game with a human element then get back to me lol
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Wrong. On Hard as a Mage, with Higher Magic x 3, Destroyer x 3 and 31 Intellect, pretty damn fine for a Mage.
Opps, I thought This thread is about paladin?
My way of play was: use tactics to close range, start combat, devilfish stack hit for 22k, cast "spell that gives them extra turn", devilfish stack crits for 50k, repeat next turn, use rage ability to turn back time for them to prevent losses.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Keeper View Post
Opps, I thought This thread is about paladin?
My way of play was: use tactics to close range, start combat, devilfish stack hit for 22k, cast "spell that gives them extra turn", devilfish stack crits for 50k, repeat next turn, use rage ability to turn back time for them to prevent losses.
Whoops, you're right. I was referring to the comment about Chaos damage not scaling well on Hard and Impossible. In actual fact I DIDN'T use Chaos much in my Hard Paladin game, but I DID use it extensively in my Hard Mage game. Now I believe that Chaos is very important and powerful. I am of the opinion now that Distortion is the best early in the game and Chaos owns later on. I am not a fan of Order spells.

I found my Hard Mage game to be much easier than my Hard Paladin game though. I actually think that Mage is far stronger than Paladin in the long run.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Well, I am level 18 now and wound up taking level 3 in Order, level 3 in Distortion, and level 2 in Chaos magic.

I just recently added the level 2 Chaos on my Paladin just so I can increase my Sacrifice and Kamakaze spells. I use Kamakaze in almost every fight. My Paladin game on normal is just owning right now with level 3 Phantom and level 3 Resurrect, I rarely take any losses even on strong encounters.

Now my hard Mage game on the otherhand is just hitting a rough patch in Kordar, everything seems to be stronger and up.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

The Mages are too easy to use. They need to be pegged back imo.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

I'm playing on normal and my poor paladin sweated blood and tears to hit 20 - had one look at the Korador fight and said no way can he make it.

MY mage, well he's basically laughed his way to the same point, once you get fire rain - mine took some time to come, mobs just die

Hypnosis+sacrifice is the cheesiest combo ever - not to say I haven't been abusing it

MY favourite army is currently, evil beholders (for wasting the melee mobs turn), dryads and succubi for the charm and all I have to do is wait with the sacrifice.

I want to finish this game and then start a new paladin, definitely a harder game to play then the mage.

Don't think chaos is really necessary for the pally, unless he can reach really high int levels and he will struggle to have enough magic runes, even with runic stone. Better off with effect based spells from distortion like haste(mass), stone skin, trap for the ap loss even berserk is great on the royal snakes.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

As I've been saying for a while now, the Mage is way stronger than the Paladin in the end. Haven't played as a Warrior but I get the idea this is even worse. The problem is that on Impossible you play against I think 170% stack enemies with only 60% money. So in theory this should be a challenge. Wrong. A Mage can still dominate by using offensive spells correctly. All you need is:

Chaos 3
Destroyer 3
High Intellect
Fireball, then Ice Snake, then Fire Rain
Higher Magic when you can get it
Orc Shamans and Royal Thorns to spam the battlefield

And you just destroy everything that moves with your spells. It doesn't matter that the stacks are 170%, nor does it matter that you only get 60% gold. I am up to level 15 on Impossible as a Mage now and I have 500,000 in the bank.

Impossible Mage is not impossible, in fact it's not even difficult. So Mages need nerfing.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

This is not a multiplayer game...no nerfs are needed.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Well, I would love to see multiplayer KB. It's gotten to the same where I 'own' the AI, and am in need of a new challenge. It would be awesome to play MP, even hotseat would be okay by me, but I suppose there would be a lot of game balance issues.