Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Default Multi-Core Support Confirmed

Many people have been wondering if this game will ever use multiple cores on high-end CPUs, hence solving most slow-downs people are having with the game. It appears the multicore rendering solution is in the PhysX patch, or more like will be in the PhysX patch when it is released.

Original Question: "Will there be multi-core CPU support?" Answer: "Yep...speeds up the game dramatically."

That is a member of the community talking to David Tractenberg, 1C North American Liaison, during an open moderated chat on EVGA's website. This makes me think that it is already in the (currently) EVGA-exclusive PhysX patch.

If you ask me I say the patch will come out early next month for the rest of us.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

So, they finally thought about their "other" costumers that didn't buy a card from EVGA... what a nice gesture 1C, you're too kind
Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Registered Member

Angry

I'm a first time customer and I had high hopes from what I read of the story but the game is HORRIFYING. ZERO support. how hard would it be to put in a patch to give us control of head bob? 5 lines of code.

And now you tell me that even though you have the code to let me play the game with it and have no trouble. I'm going to get the joy of not getting it.

whats next a game with no sound card support unless you pay extra.

I don't normaly flame cause it does no good in the long run but I have to.

Last edited by Nike-it; 05-27-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

I'm a bit sceptical, as some of the guys that got the EVGA version of Cryostasis didn't state any major speed-up. Hope that there will be multi-core support in the patch though