Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Approved Member

I realize you're upset but CALM THE **** DOWN!

Anyway, they are not limiting their user base. You can play it fine on Windows 2000 if you want, well, probably not fine, but you get the picture. DX10 in this game is not at all about enabling PhysX, it does so much more.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Seriously? So Windows XP Doesn't even utilize shader model 4.0? EVEN if we bought the GOOD cards.... like hello I bought an 8800 cuz it was great for the price. and had all capabilities. So THATS why its saying It dont support 4.0???

I'm not getting vista. &^$&*#^$&*#^$^#$^@%!%*#&%*# imagine what I would say within that, about vista.......

I will try that config thing in min now..but still..

AND by the way, windows XP IS comming out with dx10, they are working on it. Even a head of microsoft mentioned it. as well as private projects.

Edit**... windows 2000? PTSH.

I like xp. so does everybody else. lol
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

okay I just tried to set it in the config. No go.

It's probably that stupid XP bs. I never knew XP coudn't use 4.0

thats the dumbest thing ever.

I have the latest EVERYTHING including chipset.

I'm smart in most of this stuff but I guess I lost out on phew things still.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciann22 View Post
I'm not getting vista. &^$&*#^$&*#^$^#$^@%!%*#&%*# imagine what I would say within that, about vista.......

I like xp. so does everybody else. lol
It pays to do research before buying products. Windows XP does not support DirectX10 or DirectX10.1 or DirectX11 or Shader Model 4. I use Windows 7 x64. It is free right now, while it's in beta stage. I'd strongly suggest using that. Little to no bugs.

Not everybody likes XP, that is an overstatement. I try not to include false information in my posts, you should too.

Windows XP has severely lacking networking and graphics capability compared to Windows 7. Windows 7 also supports DirectX 11 which will be able to be used by existing DX10 graphics cards with a new driver.

Even if third parties are working on getting SM4 emulated into XP (which they are), they still will not be able to fully integrate Direct3D 10 or 11 in XP without completely rewriting XP.

I do know what I am talking about too, not just blowing hot air out of my head. I have made two Linux operating systems before, I know how this works.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Nah, I know to research a product. This was just a demo I downloaded.

But PhysX requiring DX10 is utter and complete bullshit. No other game has ever required one for the other.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

that was at me MKil.

And yeah same answer. I do a lot of research, and I DID know that windows XP doesn't do dx10. DUH, but I didnt know they didnt do SM4.0 I think that is completly stupid. And i realise NOT everybody likes XP, I'm just saying that in my own defense against Vista....>< BTW its not false if you were to do a poll..... roflcakes most people DO prefer XP.. or anything BUT vista...the only reason i even THOUGHT of going to vista was for dx.10...... yuk. Still.. why cant som1 official respond to this..>< So My question has been answered SM 4.0 IS NOT SUPPORTED BY XP!

...Epic Fail for xp..>< dissapointed..

I may try windows 7 but I hear bad things.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Because its the acceptible rate

Most games are really beta and they fool the public as in accepting them in to public domain

Your just a beta tester entill the game is right

GET IT now or later you are testin this GAME

Beta actually ends when the first patch is put out !!!

Get It Now or Later, your just a beta patch tester for a So Called Finished game

Last edited by WhatsOneMore; 05-01-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

SM4.0 is DX10's shader. What I mean though is, there is absolutely NO REASON for PhysX and DX10 to be linked. NO REASON.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

SM4. IS dx 10? See now that I didn't know. Ugh i'm so disappointed. I can sort of kind of see why DX10 and physX could be linked... But I dont think it is completely int his game Mkil.

I mean I still had PhysX even without SM4, It just wasn't as great or whatever probably.. I dont know what i'm talking about now haha.

Just really angry at XP for being stupid and not supporting great things. So how is windows 7. Truthfully?, I'M running 32 bit xp right now on a 64 bit processor, so it might do me some good to switch.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

Well if they wanted to make everyone happy they could have released PhysX for Shader Model 2 and 3 as well Then the performance would be SLOOOW with PhysX turned on, after all PhysX is designed for DX10, even though it works with DX9. Then people would complain about the even worse FPS in this game under DX9.

Do you guys understand now?

PS. Shader Model 4 is Direct3D 10s shader, so your above statement makes no sense at all.