Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Problem with shader model 4.0

I have the problem with the game cryostasis. When I switch on shader model 4.0 the view is displayed bad. There are distortions such as in thermovision glasses. Please Help.

My config:

PDC E2140@3.2GHz Geil 2x1GB Radeon 4870 Vista 32 BIT
Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

No fox for the problem yet.
Wait for the new driver, or patch.
On AMD videocards only SM3 works.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Hello, I have the same problem like you. When I switch on Shader Model 4.0, I can see various kinds of colors. I have 4870x2 and the latest drivers. I wanted to make some screens, but Fraps or ATi Tools didn't capture image. So I grabbed my camera and took some photos:

You can see various kinds of colors. But, when I switch off Shader Model 4.0, everything goes OK, I don't see any colors.
One user told me, that problem is in PhysX and ATi graphics cards don't know how to work with it. So, we just hope in any kind of patch, who 'll repair this bug or wtf is it.

Last edited by TECon; 02-10-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Approved Member

This problem with ATI cards is not fixed yet. Right now a can only advice to use shaders 3.0.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Yes, you right. I 'll be very happy when they release any kind of patch, who 'll repair it, because play on SH 3.0 is excruciation for my graphic card.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

ATI Catalyst Drivers 9.2 has been launched now i dont know if this new drivers can solve the problem on SM 4.0 for 4870 vidcards because i have already unistalled the game and im too lazy for install again but just wanna know if this problem its already fixed or no...

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
Old 02-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

It's a real shame the ati artifacts using SM4.0 aren't still fixed. 3 months after the russian release and still no fix whatsoever.
What's up with you devs? Don't you see it?! As if you're not trying to solve the problem, as if you're not even trying to support your game anymore. Is it because you're lazy or NV pays really well?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Actually i have legally my copy dude and yeah now i have reainstaled the game and as u can see on the post above abaout the crashes now the problem its the game keeps crashing when try to use SM 4.0...

Of purse its not only my bug its bug for all owners of 4870 + vista that 2 things are the reason for this crash i dont know if its problem of ATI for fix this or 1C must fix this anyway both ways seem like this problem its ignored actually...

Last edited by kenjiro; 02-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiro View Post
Actually i have legally my copy dude and yeah now i have reainstaled the game and as u can see on the post above abaout the crashes now the problem its the game keeps crashing when try to use SM 4.0...

Of purse its not only my bug its bug for all owners of 4870 + vista that 2 things are the reason for this crash i dont know if its problem of ATI for fix this or 1C must fix this anyway both ways seem like this problem its ignored actually...

When I re-installed DX10 the crashing stopped for me, but the distortions remained.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

ATI Catalyst Drivers 9.2 doesn't solve the problem with SM 4.0. I already have installed drivers 9.2 and I still have problem. I see those motherf**king colors again and again. We can again wait on some kind of patch as till now.