Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Weird problem

My character keeps jumping or bobbing up and down.well he's not actually jumping just looks like that and it's annoying.the only way i can stop it is if i crouch...and that's only temporary cuz when i get up again he start's doing it again.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXon View Post
My character keeps jumping or bobbing up and down.well he's not actually jumping just looks like that and it's annoying.the only way i can stop it is if i crouch...and that's only temporary cuz when i get up again he start's doing it again.
What are you using to play the game, keyboard or joypad/joystick ??
Old 04-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Oh almost forgot it's called headbob and is the game's default, to turn it off you need to know how.

Which can be done but it takes file edit experience. As in hex edit LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Default .

i use a keyboard....ty for the real name of the problem "headbob" xd
Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Sorry Man didn't mean to step on ya toes, but its a game default as far as I know.

Some games like Unreal Torney and some others have the setting in options menu that you shut it down.

But since I feel bad now I will look at my files and see if theres a way to change it and get back to ya here.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

i was just kidding aswell i'm not insulted don't worry
Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Dam man I looked at all the files and loaded the game and tried console commands, but the body sway doesn't go away, no pun intended.

But anyways how bad is it for you I noticed only my body swaying as if I was walking(slight sway or leaning to the right and left as walking), like side to side no real head bobbing like Unreal Tourney where its up and down and it hampers your aiming.

Like if your bouncing up and down then theres a game probelm on your system like maybe something of a program running in the taskbar or background or maybe even just a bad install. When installing games it is best that you have no antivirus programs running and or anything/nothing else running also. Actually the old school way of installing a game is to first defrag your hard drive and then shut down all other programs for a clean install. Then install your game.

BTW I didn't bring up the hex editor for the dll files, like I hate code and am too hammered now for it.

Sorry

Last edited by WhatsOneMore; 04-30-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

ok ty for the info and it's up and down ill try to do something.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXon View Post

I have the exact same problem!