Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Approved Member

Default Any of our Russian friends care to translate?

I just came across a linked youtube video on SimHQ that was uploaded back in November.

Now i don't speak Russian, but being Greek i can somewhat read it (alphabets are somewhat similar and a Russian guy i used to know explained the different characters to me once), the title says "Igromir 2010 interview for IL2: battle of Britain game" and guess what, it's almost 14 minutes long

It's a Maddox/Shevchenko interview but i sadly don't understand more than the title

The footage is not all CoD, in fact IL2 and WoP feature prominently, but apparently CoD is discussed.

Luckily, a guy who speaks Russian already provided a limited summary and he said he'll try to post again on SimHQ with more information. What he said:

Quote:
WOW, Oleg talks about every aspect of the game in this interview. We are in for a real treat here. He sums it up by saying if you like flying you will be glued to the cockpit.
Ilya hints at the possibility of western eastern and african theaters in the future. If this game will be anything in terms of add ons and updates like IL2 we will have something for everyone in this one. There is mention of hardware as well. Oleg talks about how theoreticly it will be possible to have a 1000 planes in the air in multiplayer If your hardware can run it.
There are more details on the engine modeling and damage but I dont understand it that well. Im gonna ask a friend at work who is a web master to translate it for me.
Ill report back
Now, if the bolded part holds merit it would be interesting to have some kind of translation, it's 13 minutes 15 seconds of people talking about stuff we probably know nothing about but want to
Also, we lack the hardware to display them, but the netcode could possibly support 1000 planes in multiplayer if we had the CPU and GPU to run it? Holy Batman, in a couple of years this is going to be immense!

I guess it's no harm posting it here as well if it helps speed up the translation efforts.
So, any Russian speaking volunteers?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

Please some translations!!Thanks for posting this.If Im not mistaken Oleg talked a bit about bullet drop and tracers??!!

Last edited by Royraiden; 02-10-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I just came across a linked youtube video on SimHQ that was uploaded back in November.

Now i don't speak Russian, but being Greek i can somewhat read it (alphabets are somewhat similar and a Russian guy i used to know explained the different characters to me once), the title says "Igromir 2010 interview for IL2: battle of Britain game" and guess what, it's almost 14 minutes long

It's a Maddox/Shevchenko interview but i sadly don't understand more than the title

The footage is not all CoD, in fact IL2 and WoP feature prominently, but apparently CoD is discussed.

Luckily, a guy who speaks Russian already provided a limited summary and he said he'll try to post again on SimHQ with more information. What he said:

Now, if the bolded part holds merit it would be interesting to have some kind of translation, it's 13 minutes 15 seconds of people talking about stuff we probably know nothing about but want to
Also, we lack the hardware to display them, but the netcode could possibly support 1000 planes in multiplayer if we had the CPU and GPU to run it? Holy Batman, in a couple of years this is going to be immense!

I guess it's no harm posting it here as well if it helps speed up the translation efforts.
So, any Russian speaking volunteers?

Very strange - all that gameplay footage before 7:00 is Wings of Prey, in fact I know those specific missions. One of them is Sicily, and the p51d footage is from the first battle of the bulge mission I believe.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

My wife translated for me, he just say that this is a completely new game, then he says that everything is simulated, from the single cylinder of the engine and when the interviewer ask oleg what plane he likes, he says spitfire, than he talks about multiplayer and settings there, arcade mode that the shooting will be more easy, straight bullets, and that's all. Sure some russian here will translate all... but why are they showing wings of prey??

Alberto
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Your wife or your partner?
If it's the first you may want add an "s" to "he" so it becomes "she".
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

WIFE, "he" is refered to OLEG
sorry for the confusion
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
when the interviewer ask oleg what plane he likes, he says spitfire
That's all we need to know
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Approved Member