Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

Question to moderator (or whoever knows).

I heard that the Russian version of the game has an old woman's voice reciting some Russian poem (of Gorky ?). People say that the voicing and sounds of the game are very good, which, undoubtedly, includes all those tidbits like passages from the Russian poetry. If I buy the English version of the game, will I still be able to hear those Russian sayings ? (I presume that the developers will not translate everything in English and leave the non-gameplay-essential bits in Russian like it was done in Stalker).
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian View Post
Question to moderator (or whoever knows).

I heard that the Russian version of the game has an old woman's voice reciting some Russian poem (of Gorky ?). People say that the voicing and sounds of the game are very good, which, undoubtedly, includes all those tidbits like passages from the Russian poetry. If I buy the English version of the game, will I still be able to hear those Russian sayings ? (I presume that the developers will not translate everything in English and leave the non-gameplay-essential bits in Russian like it was done in Stalker).
The English version includes full dubbing, so you won't be able to hear original russian voice.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
The English version includes full dubbing, so you won't be able to hear original russian voice.
Thanks for answering. Can you tell me which soundwork (English or Russian) has the higher "production values" ? In other words, will the English-speaking players obtain the same kind of pleasure and satisfaction from listening as the Russian-speaking players of the Russian-only game get ?

I am asking this question because I am thinking which version to get, an English or a Russian one (I can play both) ? In these parts of the world, it is easier for me to get an English version.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Not having played the Russian version, I can't really respond - but I have played my fair share of badly voiced Russian to English-games in my time, and this game is definitely not one of them. I found the voice acting quite well done and enjoyable.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

The latest review of Criostasis appeared at GoGamer. The game scored 7/10.
"...it's a solid adventure game with a fairly well crafted story." - comments the author.
You can find the text here.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

GameSpot review is out.

"These visual issues aside, Cryostasis's measured exploration and sense of frigid tension make it an experience unlike any other. Additionally, the flashback and health-replenishment mechanics aren't just interesting on their own, but also enhance the atmosphere and give weight to the enigmatic tale as it slowly unfolds. If you need the constant stimulation of flying bullets and sprays of blood, Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason likely won't inspire you. But if you appreciate slow-burning suspense, this adventure will keep you glued to the monitor to uncover the secrets buried deep within the inhospitable tundra of the Arctic circle."

8/10

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cr...ry;read-review

Nice one.If it wasn't for the frame rate drops it would have surely gotten more! Action Forms sure knows it's job!I'm playing through the game the third time now.Thanks AF!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Good score in Gamespot . In my country , the most important web , give a ridiculous 6 . Other web - Vandal , give a 8 to the game , and Eurogamer Spain , 7.7 .
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

Gamespot should stop smoking crack. Tundra. What tundra? This is taking place at the pole, there's no vegitation whatsoever at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Approved Member

Computergames.ro published english variant of the review, where Cryostasis scored 78/100.
You can find the full text here.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrysis02 View Post
GameSpot review is out.

Nice one.If it wasn't for the frame rate drops it would have surely gotten more! Action Forms sure knows it's job!I'm playing through the game the third time now.Thanks AF!
Nice score, 8/10 seems ok, im playing it for the third time too.