Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigginh View Post
Just one thing my engines now appear to be permanently running on the air strip what am I missing
Well, you "missing" some patchs that remove this feature (probable some script), in Quick Mission and Campaingns...

To "simulate" cold start now you have to create or edit some missiom in FMB.

Sokol1
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

want to have the menu again in German which I can make

Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

theleif -

Make sure you launch the game by selecting the new exe file "CloDer".
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arass View Post
want to have the menu again in German which I can make

What he wants to say is that his menu changed from German to English with this fix. Now he wants to ask you if he can change this back...?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

I come from germany and would like to have my menu again in German, it was before the fix in German
Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleif View Post
Hate to bring sad news, but it does not work for me. Steam tries to install VC redist package and then nothing. I've copied the files to the COD directory and I've ran CloDer both in normal and admin mode. I've verified files through steam and reapplied the patch, but nothing.
Sadface.
Installing CloD has a separate issue - this patch is a 'loader' to provide a work-around of a security issue when trying to run the game in Win8. I didn't re-install CloD when moving to Win8 as it is on a second drive. Try mazex's fix here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=30096&page=7

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus65 View Post
theleif -

Make sure you launch the game by selecting the new exe file "CloDer".
Did that. Get the spinning circle for a second and then nothing. Can it be because I have Steam on another partition and not in program(x86)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Installing CloD has a separate issue - this patch is a 'loader' to provide a work-around of a security issue when trying to run the game in Win8. I didn't re-install CloD when moving to Win8 as it is on a second drive. Try mazex's fix here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=30096&page=7
Tried that as well, Steam now skips the "install part" but get the same error as above.

Cheers

EDIT: And I've installed the DirX from the redist folder.

Last edited by theleif; 11-21-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Did that. Get the spinning circle for a second and then nothing. Can it be because I have Steam on another partition and not in program(x86)?
No, but the 'CloDer.exe' and 'CloDer.dll' must be in the same folder as the 'Launcher.exe' (My Steam folder is in D:\Games\). You then click on 'CloDer.exe' to launch the game, but obviously Steam has to be running else you will get that error message

Quote:
Tried that as well, Steam now skips the "install part" but get the same error as above.

Cheers

EDIT: And I've installed the DirX from the redist folder.
Sounds like you've solved the installation error, and you do need to run the DirectX install, but not doing so shouldn't prevent the game from running.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

@theleif:

Please ensure that you are running "CloDer.exe" and NOT "Launcher.exe" (you shouldn't have to run the application as Administrator, it is not required).

Please ensure that "CloDer.exe" and "CloDer.dll" are both in the same directory (for ease of use, place both files in your Cliffs of Dover directory [same folder as "Launcher.exe"]).

Your Steam installation shouldn't (I'm guessing here) install any of the VC++ 2012 or .NET 4.0 run-times, the ones that come with Windows 8 are newer than the ones required by the game (I will however double check this, if it is the case I will implement a workaround into "CloDer").

Unfortunately, I can't help you any further at the moment but I'll have an in-depth look at your problem a littler later (when I get home).

To aid myself (and the community) in solving your problem please post some additional information:
  1. Windows 8 (Standard or Pro)?
  2. Build number?
  3. System Type (x86 or x64)?
  4. Graphics Driver version?
  5. If possible, please provide some information about your computer hardware.
  6. Have you successfully run Cliffs of Dover on a previous version of Windows (with the same hardware)?

Regards,
sYk0.

Last edited by sYk0; 11-21-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling XP