Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

Default Hornets Nest Help

First Time Poster here! Just got the game today and got snagged on Hornets nest. The IL-2 is not the best at knocking down hoards of JU-52's. The best I have done is 4 left before they reach their destination. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated from u guys. Let me know if I am missing something. I have been reading these posts for a while now and it seems there is quite a few knowledable people here so I thought this would be a great place to ask for some help. Thanks again for any help u can give me!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Welcome to the forum Red Dog. Your lucky, Currently only a few people here have the game so you might have to wait for people to catch up with you in the campain before you get an answer.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

Sorry, can't be much help, I'm still on the Battle of Britain. But I'm trying to spread things out so it lasts me longer, lol.

Whenever I get to the mission I'll be sure to throw in any input I might have though.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Matt, Let me know when ya get there!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog XII View Post
First Time Poster here! Just got the game today and got snagged on Hornets nest. The IL-2 is not the best at knocking down hoards of JU-52's. The best I have done is 4 left before they reach their destination. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated from u guys. Let me know if I am missing something. I have been reading these posts for a while now and it seems there is quite a few knowledable people here so I thought this would be a great place to ask for some help. Thanks again for any help u can give me!
I've gotten past that. And I know exactly how you feel, I don't think the Il-2 is a very good anti-transport plane dogfighter I think since it was STALINGRAD! The Yak-1 should have been incorporated into the mission rather the Il-2. But anyway, the only advise I can give, is that once you get the objective, send your wingmen to start on them (even though the Wingmen AI isn't very helpful in my opinion.) And while they go and deal with the Ju-52s, climb above the Transports, then aim for their engines. It's the easiest way I got them all down. And also because I fire-walled the throttle to get to them all.

Hope that helps?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

OK! Got er Done! It was just a matter of time. I did all of the above but it just wasn't quite enough. Time pays off I just wasn't sure there wasn't some trick to the whole thing. That was a pain in a$$ mission! Great game though so far except for the white gun reticle. Very hard to see when against the ground and clouds. Wish they could have made it red. Tried the online and it was fun but very hard to shoot others down due to the reticle. Give it some time and practice and who knows. I look forward to chatting with everyone here! Hit me up sometime guys! Thanks agian for your help!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Theres a trick to everything, and that is hard work builds skill and experience, so you might not realise you achieved something, but instinctively the more you play the better you will always get.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Hornet's Nest

Well i was stuck on Hornet's nest but thanks to you alls help i beat it, Thanks!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

Default the transports

i too have trouble on this mission because i can't find them . are there any tricks to locating the transport planes?
Old 09-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart11 View Post
i too have trouble on this mission because i can't find them . are there any tricks to locating the transport planes?
you should have yellow arrows that point you to the transporting planes.