Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies > Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies

Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies Upcoming stealth-action for PC and Xbox360

Old 12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Shaw View Post
Nobilis is out of the question! They published localized versions of the original Death to Spies, with the censored Nazi textures. You forgot to mention Aspyr, they published localized versions of Moment of Truth.
oh haha. I'd actually completely forgotten nobilis already published the first death to spies game. it was just a list off the top of my head of who would be interested or compatible with the game. aspyr only publish in north america I think, so I have no interest in them. hehe.

if paradox interactive can "save" haggard like they saved ino-co after 1c dumped them I think that would be the optimal scenario. although of course I don't know the deals ino-co have with paradox, so they might still be screwed once paradox have no more use for them. but right now they are still getting work done and games released.

this is a separate rant, and unrelated to 1c/haggard, but paradox seem a bit too focused (or unfocused as the case is hehe) on following the latest popular garbage these days but without really the conviction to stick to something and actually see it through or let it turn into something. like their CONNECT community system/initiative seem pretty much abandoned already (connect.paradoxplaza.com). way too hung up in the american pr tech bubble idiocy. they're not actually interested in building a community on there, it's just the next wave of pr buzzwords they have to adhere to. but regardless of their twitter/facebook shenanigans they're still releasing a lot of great games, and seem interested in releasing great PC focused games.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forlik View Post
Terrible news
It seems 1C have real reasons to close project on the current stage, can't understand anyway.
Well, it's harder and harder to sell anything that not AAA budget, without AAA marketing..

It's also a pity to see that publisher strategy changed and focused just on selling others products, without internal development.. i dont now what will happen when retail completly dies and only digitial distribution will left and studios will deliver products directly to customer without any need of distribution services..

Quote:
Have you already thought about publishing of PC-version via Steam?
Yes, but we dont have funds to complete the game by our selfs.. The only solution we see is spliting the game into two episodes, and deliver the second one on funds that came from selling the first..
Old 12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
they don't even have to self-publish though. there are a lot of european publishers who SHOULD be interested in titles like death to spies. like good old games (cdprojekt), paradox interactive, focus home interactive, kalypso media, city interactive, nobilis, deep silver / koch media, dtp entertainment, headup games, bitcomposer.
a bit from paradox/cdproject, the other publishers want completed games and dont want to invest there money to developing games..
Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSS View Post
Yes, but we dont have funds to complete the game by our selfs.. The only solution we see is spliting the game into two episodes, and deliver the second one on funds that came from selling the first..
Interesting idea. Perhaps it will be good to publish a demo-version at first to attract attention. But another side of Steam publish - it will be PC only release. Anyway, you will need another publisher for xbox release...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Well, demo of cause - maybe. And yes, PC only release.. without publisher we can't release it on xbox.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, demo of cause - maybe. And yes, PC only release.. without publisher we can't release it on xbox.
Just as well, PC's better than Xbox because forlik and I can modify it...

Also, I think it would be a good idea to release it in two different parts rather than the game ending up like Duke Nukem Forever and Splinter Cell Conviction.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just as well, PC's better than Xbox because forlik and I can modify it...
I hope DtS2 will be more friendly for modders. And not only you and me will work on it

Quote:
like Duke Nukem Forever
Oh, no
Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Sad news to hear about DtS3 being dropped by 1C, sad to see 1C turn into what they have recently. They were my new favourite publisher/game producer.

Quote:
I'd definitely buy any form of another Death to Spies game and I'd scream from the roof tops for other people to buy it as well

Go indie and release through Steam, Gamersgate, Green Man Gaming etc., seemed to have worked for Flying Wild Hog and their game Hard Reset. You have to be really on top of communicating with the community though, do it well and your game will do well.

Quote:
without publisher we can't release it on xbox.
Can't you release it on Xbox Live Arcade? Hydrophobia did that, released it first on Xbox Live Arcade then on Steam. It sold a lot I think.

Last edited by Jason; 01-01-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Can't you release it on Xbox Live Arcade? Hydrophobia did that, released it first on Xbox Live Arcade then on Steam. It sold a lot I think.
Well, i don't think that it is the option for us for now.. the problem that it will require to rewrite game for the XNA and it will take too much time..
Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forlik View Post
I hope DtS2 will be more friendly for modders. And not only you and me will work on it