Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies > Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies

Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies Upcoming stealth-action for PC and Xbox360

Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Default Cancelled!?

Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies is gone from 1C website! I'm afraid of the worst - it might be cancelled. Anyone has some extra info?

If it is cancelled, I'm very sad. It's been one of my most anticipated games over a year now and screenshots/videos looked promising.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

just noticed it is not on the site anymore also. somewhat worrying. I'm positive if they hadn't bothered with the xbox version, that this game would be out already. and incredible.

maybe they'll do the right thing and change the title back to death to spies 3 or just go with death to spies 2, like the russian version. this constant name changing thing between releases is somewhat nonsense.

Last edited by Divebomb; 12-09-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

it's still listed on the russian 1c site btw. http://games.1c.ru/?type=inwork or http://games.1c.ru/smersh2/
Old 12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
it's still listed on the russian 1c site btw. http://games.1c.ru/?type=inwork or http://games.1c.ru/smersh2/
I notified forlik about these rumors. He says there's been nothing new at his end. It's weird, unlike MoT, there's no official trailer, and it seems they are leaving us in the dark with them releasing very little information in the last year. Also, no official box cover art has been shown yet.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Yes. Rumors are right. 1C has selling problems & canceled project on its side (. Haggard Games are seeking now for a new publisher, but its hard to say anything right now. Without financing/publisher it will be hard to finish and release the game by themselfs.. Game is now return his name 'Death to Spies 3'. I think we must wait for more news to come on there site - http://www.haggardgames.com
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Despite everything, there's still some very interesting material on the HG website. There's concept art of the main characters, and there's a portfolio showing images of some character models. The scientist's model has been redesigned, and the presence of US Captain and Flight Deck Crew images suggest an airfield mission.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSS View Post
Yes. Rumors are right. 1C has selling problems & canceled project on its side (. Haggard Games are seeking now for a new publisher, but its hard to say anything right now. Without financing/publisher it will be hard to finish and release the game by themselfs...
Terrible news
It seems 1C have real reasons to close project on the current stage, can't understand anyway.
Have you already thought about publishing of PC-version via Steam?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

wow, ok.

I'm not that surprised, since 1c doesn't seem very interested in any "internally" developed games anymore. seems so. it's only katauri and the men of war studios left now of the announced stuff, or at least after long delayed titles like captain blood and star wolves 3 are out.

it's truly heartbreaking how many of the studios 1c published many games for have gone out of business after 1c broke the business relationship off. hopefully haggard will be ok.

it's a bit insane to me because it's easier than ever to actually make ok money on games through steam and other download sites. but I guess 1c just makes so much more money publishing international games in russia over actually releasing russian games to the world or to russia. so while russia gets all this international TRASH released and localized really well through 1c, the gaming world as a whole is losing russian games. the amazing distinct russian games industry identity is dying. I'll just blame it on steam (it's an easy catch-all), steam coming to russia has killed the russian games industry. really makes me sad.

maybe I should write CIS instead of russia and russian. since there are so many ukrainian developers, or was.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forlik View Post
Terrible news
It seems 1C have real reasons to close project on the current stage, can't understand anyway.
Have you already thought about publishing of PC-version via Steam?
they don't even have to self-publish though. there are a lot of european publishers who SHOULD be interested in titles like death to spies. like good old games (cdprojekt), paradox interactive, focus home interactive, kalypso media, city interactive, nobilis, deep silver / koch media, dtp entertainment, headup games, bitcomposer.

I think actually good old games would be perfect for this game, at least for the release. but I have no idea if cdprojekt are willing to finance actual development or are simply interested in releasing finished games when they start releasing 'good new games' next year.

paradox interactive is another really good fit for death to spies, I think.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
they don't even have to self-publish though. there are a lot of european publishers who SHOULD be interested in titles like death to spies. like good old games (cdprojekt), paradox interactive, focus home interactive, kalypso media, city interactive, nobilis, deep silver / koch media, dtp entertainment, headup games, bitcomposer.
Nobilis is out of the question! They published localized versions of the original Death to Spies, with the censored Nazi textures. You forgot to mention Aspyr, they published localized versions of Moment of Truth.