Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helrza View Post
can i appeal here to post in the pilots lounge? since i dont post very often im under the 100.
Yeah, I seem to find myself in the same position. Mind you I haven't posted much here as I'm one of those apparently weird people that (whispers it quietly) enjoy CoD on my low end system and have patience and faith in the Devs...................shock, horror.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

The rules seem to have changed a few times, is this current list, the accurate one?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Helzra

Yes you may, we are working through moderation issues. We are really trying to stop trolls that pop on here out of nowhere and start flaming.
To be fair, the forum would have calmed down in a few days. It is brand new and in all honesty there isn't much to be discussed about CloD in it's current forum. A lot of people that popped up in this forum are community members that have been with Il2 and now CloD since the beginning so to say that they came from nowhere is a little off.

Yes there were some out of bound posts, but those could have been easily been dealt with on an individual basis instead of the sweeping decision to delete every post from people that haven't met an arbitrary number that doesn't reflect their actual contribution to this community as it is over 10 years old and spans across multiple forums.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post
To be fair, the forum would have calmed down in a few days. It is brand new and in all honesty there isn't much to be discussed about CloD in it's current forum. A lot of people that popped up in this forum are community members that have been with Il2 and now CloD since the beginning so to say that they came from nowhere is a little off.

Yes there were some out of bound posts, but those could have been easily been dealt with on an individual basis instead of the sweeping decision to delete every post from people that haven't met an arbitrary number that doesn't reflect their actual contribution to this community as it is over 10 years old and spans across multiple forums.
This ^

But all the anal over-reaction is interesting too, considering the lack of anything to discuss in the main forum at this point.

And please don't be too hard on Mastiff since it's obvious he's ovulating right now and likely feeling a bit delicate.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Interesting.......
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

I support the tards posting on this page. So far.
I'll need to review later if I change my mind.
In the mean time, tanks anyone?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

i apologize if i did something wrong yesterday

omg i drank a whole bar

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post

Mods are volunteers not paid employees that sit at the computer hours on end trying to keep civility or better yet.. sanity in this forums.

Often a broad brush is mods best solution, because mods just don't have the time to make all the individual effort you seem to think is so easy.

People like yourself come here, have very short record of postings in this community and you know all about it.

We don't have time to ferret out who is who. If the poster is out of line or trolls we wouldn't know zip about him for the most part. Lets' see what exactly have you told us about yourself in your public profile.

I found nothing about you, except your IP address. It indicates Galgary,Alberta, which may be information worth something unless you are posting through a proxy. Anyway, you get the point.

No the 100 postings isn't the best solution. It has been changed to 50 postings overnight in an effort to be fair. Yet, mods don't care about the posting count, except to say... if you have a low count and you are causing trouble you will join the ranks of the banned. No one is angry, just annoyed enough to remove those people.

There are posters that have low posting counts that are posting here in a civil manner, if any of these posters with a low count is a trouble maker it's good bye, sayonara. The low count is not the trigger.. the troublesome postings are.. and the low post count means they don't contribute to this community as a viable member. Pretty simple criteria IMO.

In fact, this Pilot's Lounge was requested by members and it's not about embracing a whole new breed of members with a penchant for drawing attention to themselves with negative and troll postings.

The Pilot's Lounge is provided for our loyal members that want to have discussions with others that are off topic.

It also needs saying... our members in good standing have IL2 and Cliffs of Dover in common. The may have other interests by they are air combat simulation enthusiasts. That is the common thread that binds this community and persons that don't have these common interests are really not viable members of this community. Our members come to this forum to participate in discussions about their common interests.

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-05-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for ammending the rules, nearmiss.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

I know a mod position is volunteer, my opinion is simply the same amount of effort to delete posts based on post count could have been used to moderate offending posts themselves.

I do disagree with the assertion that this community exists in this forums as a vacuum. CloD has been in development for over 5 years and is build on a very large community from Il2 that is over 10 years old. As CloD slow gestates into a viable sim more and more community members will be coming out of the woodwork, especially since the official forum space has moved from the zoo to here. To dismiss them as not loyal community members is a mistake, IMHO.

This forum appeared as a shiny new thing while many of us are in a holding pattern waiting for CloD to mature. The small posting frenzy would have blown over in a day or two as things settle down.

But all of this is IMHO and in the end it's your playground and your rules so I'll do my best to follow them.