Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Default What do you think about the game?

We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Space Rangers 2: Dominator. How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Great game, actualy the best !!!

They shoud make an online version too, MMO!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

I just bought this game from a discount bin from a local PC store, and I absolutely love it! My friends didn't like the graphics because it's 2D, but for me the gameplay is flawless, and I believe it is the most important aspect of a game. Compared to modern 3D games, Space Rangers 2 blew them off in term of gameplay.

What I don't like about the game are... Well... None, it's the best game yet I've played. However, I felt that there could be more activities on the star systems, you know, more pirates looting, fleet of battleships flying in formation to battle the dominators, and more trade routes filled with various cargo ships (to make pirating career more profitable). The scale of the ships could also be tweaked a little bit, make battleships bigger than the fighters and so on. Also, the game could use subsystem targeting, disabling engine or certain weapon of opposing craft.

The side quests (the text adventure) are truly perfect... It lends spice and zing throughout the game. I'm still amaze of how deep and wonderful the text adventure part of the game, it's like I'm playing a novel.

I can only say that this game is such a masterpiece and should be publicized more aggressively.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

The game is fantastic and on my "list of games to take to a desert island".

things i would love to see in an expansion:

a) point defense guns to shoot down missiles

b) order up just exactly the specs of the ship i want (hull, # of system/artifact slots, # in points of armor protection, hull color) and then be informed when the shipyard is finished

why not also custom systems ordering
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

gold version is supposed to have a much improved search system to make it easier to find the hull you want. Keep in mind that technology improves as the game goes on so the best hulls are only available later on in the game.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

I got this game from a digital download from one of the software retailers. It has been pretty good so far. It brings back experiences I've had in the early days of gaming where it wasn't all about graphics, but a good game play.

There are so many things that would make the game better, especially the combat parts. Here is a brief list :

1. Need the ability to cycle through targets, instead of having to click on them. Trying to target missiles is a pain when they are tiny.

2. Need several auto commands to target stuff like missiles, or set your ship in defense mode when closing in or running away from a pirate/dominator.

3. Need the ability to target pirates when they are out of range too, so that when they move into range during the turn you can shoot at them.

4. Ships need to stop destroying loot. It is very frustrating when a transport flies by a second before I get there and destroy a nice piece of equipment. There should be no reason for them to do it. Space is huge, ships would just come across debris like that on purpose just to blow it up.

5. The ability to board a ship and send in marines would be neat. Like a mini turnbased tactical battle like x-com or a semi-real time one like fallout.

6. The system map are usually too small. Space is big, you can go off the edges, but theres almost not enough of it on the map.

7. The text adventures are great, and fires off some imagination, but some of these puzzles would benefit from graphics. A simple graphical puzzle would make these little adventures so much better.

Thats just some of the stuff that would make it more interesting. Plenty more ideas if you want them.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

SR2 has got to be one of my favorite games. It's one of the little gems that people don't know about (I live in Canada) but I rank it very high on my list of single player games.

Things I love are the feeling of a multiplayer universe in a single player game, like competition with the other rangers and the creativity behind the mini games. Mini games with writing like that are rare in modern games.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the music for this game though. Some of the best songs ever from a game are hidden in space rangers. Please give my compliments to the musician responsible
Old 04-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Registered Member

Absolutely, the music is fantastic
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Default Great game

I found SR2 recently. One of the best games in the last 10 years for me.

It is witty, intelligent, funny, difficult and looks really nice.
I like the ARTwork, because it does not need 3Ghz 3Gig of RAM to look really good.
I like the universe, because it has a lot of flavor and story.
Really great game, gets really close to my all time favourite games (Pirates! and Jagged Alliance 2)

I will check out King's Bounty too, as soon as it is out (Katauri Interactive)
Two thumbs up!

parachute
Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

the game is one of the best there is outhere.
the best thing is exploring the worlds, going to unknown torritory and stuff. all is briliantly made.star systems are perfectly made, i wish there were more star systems.
music is fantastic.i record it to a cd and listen on my cd-player sometimes, so relaxing,as it should be in space.

and multiplayer would be awesome. something like freelancer

my favorite race is feyans,cuz i love their ships. if sr3 comes it should have more ships

only thing i didnt like is planetary batlles, sometimes too hard for me.
and text missions even worse. but hey that just me.
i love missions in open space, like ( go and kill,fight pirates, and go transport drugs

and one more thing. in my city no one knows for this game. whan i say "space rangers 2" they look (O_O) and think of power rangers
you people must do something to make game famous,and i m sure ppl will love the game.
peoples are searching for the good games,and you should tell them that you have one. thats all

Last edited by magnam; 06-06-2008 at 02:48 PM.