Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Default New Expansion Space Rangers 2 Revolution - Petition

I just realized today that there is a new unofficial expansion for SR2, Revolution, which has been released. A short description of what the expansion adds (as translated elsewhere) is set out at the end of this post.

The downside is that the expansion is only available for the russian version of SR2. I understand from the forum of the developers of the expansion that they do not have the resources to translate Revolution for the English market. When asked whether 1C has been approached, their response is as follows:

"Well, we spoke about this with Dmitry Gerasev, 1C's producer of SR and SR2, but unfourtunately, we've not reached any concrete agreements at the moment."

I for one am willing to pay for this expansion and those of you who would also like this expansion made available to us English speaking folks, please sign on to this thread and if you can, email 1C (support@1cpublishing.eu) to make your voices heard. Viva Revolution!

"Revolution" adds:
• unique scripted situations [maybe word "encounter" would be better here, I dunno], which make game more interesting and deep (read below).
• additional equipment with unique characteristics.
• 42 new micromodules, some of which canonly be installed on dominators' equipment.
• text quests and planetary maps (43) and arcade fights (5).

Scripted situations:
• there will be a possibility of election. Very interesting situation, but it's better to see and participate once, than to read hundred enthusiastic responses.
• destroying of military base by pirates. Arrival of fleet of military fighters to protect MB is mandatory.
• player gets the opportunity to participate in experiments on science base "Annihilation".
• computer rangers generate artifact once in 1-3 years.
• destruction of the annoying creditor by the name of business center by the ranger-debtor with the quark bombs.
• talks of computer dealers about purchase of drugs, and, actually, purchase and sale of the dangerous goods.
• and another heap of cheerful and original jobs, adventures and innovations which impatiently wait you in addon.

The added scripts have made free world of SR2 even more independent, rangers began to be engaged more actively in their direct duties, and with that the competition has grown also, the real struggle for a post of the Messiah of space has begun. Fuss of casual pirates has grown into organized crime; space turned into the huge spontaneous market without rules except greed for profit and power. And it will be hard not to sink in wealth of choice and not to forget about a main goal of the ranger - to destroy waves of aggressors by any means.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

The link to my brief correspondence with a developer of Revolution is below:

http://snk-games.ru/forums/viewtopic...4&p=8482#p8482
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

This sounds interesting esp the 43 additional text quests. I would be interested if not too expensive. Also would be nice if they included the widescreen patch with this expansion.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Stay tuned, we may have good news about this expansion and Space Rangers franchise as a whole in the future.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Greetings,

I just registered to say I would be really interested (also many of people I know and are big fans of Space Rangers 2) in a English release of Revolutions. I'm sure if the news would spread around internet, many people would like to see this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Stay tuned, we may have good news about this expansion and Space Rangers franchise as a whole in the future.
Can't wait. I hope the "good news" includes some proper modification tools for English version of Space Rangers 2: Reboot.

Last edited by Valis; 01-22-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
This would make my year, Space Rangers 2 being my all time favourite game Just as a show of support, I'll buy two copies of the expansion when it gets out.

Sneaksie, any idea when we can expect the announcement? A general idea would be great (i.e. in the next few weeks)

Last edited by Tryan; 01-24-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

This would be awesome! I love this game!!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I know its only been slightly more than a week since you mande this post but any preliminary updates?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

I guess any updates will be available in a couple of months time, not sooner.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

Me too! I haven't played SR2 for a year and I just picked it up and started playing. Unable to put it down for 4 days straight! I've been playing so much of it that people on steam are asking me about it and I've convinced 2 of them to buy copies!

This game is so well made it's amazing. There is so much to it, so much to do, so much to learn. I really hope a SR3 would come out. Seeing more involvement with the galaxy as a whole would be awesome. Able to invest in planets and get a percentage of profits etc...

Anyhoo, I'll pay for Revolution.