Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

The way AI is handled is simply DISAPPOINTING.
Why in the world should I pay a ticket if an AI car stucks in the middle of the Interstate for no reason, or if it suddenly changes its lane?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Default Artificial Intelligence

Yes, that's a CRUCIAL point in this kind of game, that was not very well developed at Rig'n'Roll.

Everyone who already drive at a highway knows what I mean, the car gives you passage, slower cars at right lanes, faster at left's, maybe things like wink headlight so an slower car go to the right lane, this kind of thing

An more interative and fun AI, where u feel joy to drive, and not get pissed of with it

Last edited by USA Trucker; 11-21-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

There's some work arounds...

Traffic density at 0 for instance.
Then you have little traffic to worry about.

Cops very seldom cross the center line if they are in pursuit already.
If you have troubles with cops trying to box, if possible, head to other side of road and drive there [only works with very low traffic density setting like 0].

My opinion of realism in game is you can only take it so far. While the fines can be painful [specially on hard], the pursuits are a doldrum breaker..

Differesnt issue is Ai trucks doing weird things in the warehouse yard. completly facing wrong way etc...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

Default AI Truckers

Notice how the AI trucks cut you off, as in I was doing fine pass BAM he swerved to the left, I'm skidding with the police trying to stop me!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Those things happen in real life too. I think it’s neat, and tests your driving skills. It doesn’t happen a lot, so I can deal with it. I assume the more difficult the setting, the more it will happen.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Driver View Post
I know pretty much the game is about hauling goods, hiring drivers, and other things like that. But the authors of this game have lied to us about features that were promised to make the AI drivers more lifelike.

First off, I'm getting sick of how badly the AI drives. How they seem to stop right infront of you with no warning. No traffic infront of him. And then make a crazy turn.
If you hit the guy, guess what? The cops blame you. They go after you. Not the guy that caused you to hit him.
They promised that the police would go after AI drivers that don't follow the rules of the road. How is the police busting me for something the AI did, busting them? He caused it for stopping infront of me.

Another thing is the speed they drive. I expect truckers to go something like 70MPH on the interstates, and cars to go 65-70MPH.
Most of them go a mind-numbing 35MPH. Even on an interstate. That doesn't happen in real life.

I really wish I didn't have to say that it's a disappointment. But this game took five years to make. And.. this is the best they could come up with?

They didn't even put San Francisco on the map(as in a map marker). It's a drive-threw city if you go on US 101. Very disappointed in that. The AI tends to get stuck there as well. I'm often forced to pass them via a sidewalk. And if I hit them, boom ticket for me, due to them blocking the road.

I'm losing money fast over the stupidy of the AI drivers. There needs to be a patch or something. Or a way to edit the speed in a file.
And did I mention, they ignore the player's turn signals?
LOL... Sounds like real life. I am an owner operator (trucker) myself, and I quit running into California due to these exact reasons. California drivers just can't drive! LOL. Also, yes, the California Highway Patrol and the US Department of Transportation always blame us first for any accident. The second you get your CDL, your now longer innocent until proven guilty, its the exact opposite. Your now the "professional", you should be able to stop a car from cutting you off and slamming on his brakes. LOL. We deal with these exact problems every single day, not just in California, but everywhere.

For those of you who are not truckers, I'd love to let you know the real things we deal with... One thing they don't even have on this "simulator" is Weigh Stations, where they can pull you in to check your weight, do a level 1,2, or 3 inspection on your truck and trailer, check your log books to make sure your following the requirements, and if your not or if there is something wrong with your equipment, you get fined (sometimes over 5k dollars), and put out of service until your truck is fixed right there at the weigh stations.

The US Government has made us out to be the enemy, what they have forgotten is EVERYTHING in this country moves by truck. You go to the store to buy food, it was taken by truck... fuel for your car, got there by truck.

But, back to the game now, I believe this is the one of the worst for simulation, but best for graphics when it comes to comparing with the 18 Wheels of Steel Games.

They need to make weigh stations, actual truck stop chains (such as Flying J) where other trucks park (not just you), more realistic grades (such as Donnar Pass going to Reno, NV), and the AI is completely terrible! Not even California drivers are THAT bad. lol

You don't even have to get out of the truck to sign paperwork for your Bills of Lading for your load that your transporting. And since when does a CB sound like a Cell Phone? LOL. They should give us options for both.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Approved Member

Weigh stations are usually at entrance points to & from state borders. The game doesn’t use them because the game mostly takes place in California. Therefore they found no use for it. The game is far from perfect, but it’s decent enough if you can take the time to overlook its flaws.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Default AI

I play a lot of games in the past 10 years. Mostly racing and simulators.

Of all the games I played so far, the AI of this game is fantastic compared to let's say Need 4 Speed. Even NFS Word (Since the start upto March 2012 many accounts), the traffic AI is very low compared to this game.

They give way early on if you swerve in their path (lanes). Even the cops give way and the trucks do a very good job not to hit you.

The only thing you have to learn:
At all places where lanes are multiplied or minus (1 more/1 less), at intersections and exits/entries. All traffic (according to the GPS) drive in the 1st two (from the left) lanes.

You can move b4 the time to the correct place or lanes on the road.

No deal. This game is really good with their AI.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Actually the game needs some serious fixing with regards to the AI. Even if you're hit from behind you are the one at fault. Trucks, cars, and cops cut you off with no notice. Some appear out of nowhere, etc. The higher you set the traffic setting, the more likely it will happen. This definitely needs adjusting, but we'll never see it, as the game has been abandoned now.