Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmurf View Post
Anyway, the cops are a mess in the game, they should change that...
Actually, it's not the cops that are so bad. It's the blame that stinks. If someone cuts you off, and/or hits you, YOU get blamed. It's a one way street in that respect. If you cut someone off, you're nailed instantly! While fines are being thrown left & right, you can blow the doors of the cops doing 90+, and NOTHING HAPPENS! I think the cops should be more realistic like 18 WoS. At least there they got you for red lights, speeding, and violating rest laws. I didn't mind any of those.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

true
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Actually, it's not the cops that are so bad. It's the blame that stinks. If someone cuts you off, and/or hits you, YOU get blamed. It's a one way street in that respect. If you cut someone off, you're nailed instantly! While fines are being thrown left & right, you can blow the doors of the cops doing 90+, and NOTHING HAPPENS! I think the cops should be more realistic like 18 WoS. At least there they got you for red lights, speeding, and violating rest laws. I didn't mind any of those.
you've got a good point. but it's almost always the truck driver that gets blamed in real life as well so they did get that right in a way. and I agree the 18wos police were good...aside from not being able to turn right on red. that was annoying.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
you've got a good point. but it's almost always the truck driver that gets blamed in real life as well so they did get that right in a way. and I agree the 18wos police were good...aside from not being able to turn right on red. that was annoying.
Not all states have a "turn on right" law. I know from trucking myself. California in my days were "turn on right" when posted. It could have changed since then.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

The traffic needs to be fixed. I cant say it any more simple.

People change lanes when you pass them = fine.
You crashed and are not moving on the highway and people crash into you = fine.
You are at a intersection and a truck turns into your road and he crashes with his trailer into you = fine.
And more...
Old 08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The traffic needs to be fixed. I cant say it any more simple.

People change lanes when you pass them = fine.
You crashed and are not moving on the highway and people crash into you = fine.
You are at a intersection and a truck turns into your road and he crashes with his trailer into you = fine.
And more...
Old news. Let's stop repeating it. You're testing my patience with some of your postings. We are all too familiar with the police concept here.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-26-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, I have nearly no problems with the traffic or police. It seems that I'm not normal.

Traffic usually waits for me before changing lanes and when I want to turn right or left on a crossing I just wait for them to leave to avoid hitting them with my trailer.

I think it's not too hard to learn how to harmonize with them.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleDrajor View Post
Hmm, I have nearly no problems with the traffic or police. It seems that I'm not normal.

Traffic usually waits for me before changing lanes and when I want to turn right or left on a crossing I just wait for them to leave to avoid hitting them with my trailer.

I think it's not too hard to learn how to harmonize with them.
I agree. Some people drive like lunatics, others are using just a keyboard & mouse. This game was not made for that. Yet others just don't use common sense. I have not had these issues either.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

I don´t have a problem with the traffic, but I wonder, why the blinkers are useless. If a car is next to me on the lane for another highway/parking-lot/Whatever, I need to stop or slow down, because the traffic doesn´t react to the blinkers...

They also change the lane immediately if you load a quicksave (Not funny if you are next to them).

Some cars are changing two or three lines at once.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

In reality also many drivers do not react to your blinkers. That's sad but is realistic.
To be serious: I would like to see those reactions in R&R, too. SCS games show how good traffic works. There the cars drive behind you to let you change the lane.

Changing so much lanes in that way usually happens when the traffic cars or drivers recognize that they are on a lane that goes to a city they don't want to drive to. So they suddenly change the lane to get to the right city.
Not very realistic and really dangerous, but it's always a good chance to test my truck horn.