Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 07-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Steam Version has Stretched HUD and bad FOV for 16:9 Aspect Ratio

Hi, I just bought this game on steam and I was troubled to see that it does not work properly with widescreen aspect ratio. The HUD is displayed stretched horizontally, and the FOV is zoomed in much too far. I heard that a patch was released to fix these problems, but it does not seem to be working for the Steam version.

I tried to take screenshots of this, but the screenshots don't save.
EDIT: I was able to take screenshots by activating the Steam overlay and using its built-in screenshot manager.

Here is the game in 4:3 (1280x1024)
Here is the game in 16:9 (1920x1080)

As you can see, the top and bottom are cut off in 16:9 making the game zoomed in, and the health/warmth meter is stretched to an oval shape.

Please tell me how I can fix this. Thank you.

Last edited by Simian; 07-17-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: screenshots added
Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure that there is version with correct hud in widescreen; i remember playing the game with stretched HUD myself (not a big deal for me as long as 3D scene is rendered correctly). The game is Vert- AFAIK.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I've been diligently tinkering with the game trying to figure out a way to fix the HUD. The weapons and the stamina/heat indicator are actually 3D models. I am convinced that it is possible to fix them for widescreen, even if it means editing them directly.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2003993

I am not the kind of person who is cut out for that sort of thing, so I have pretty much given up at this point. I simply don't posses the knowledge. It's a shame, because I just know that it should be possible. All the scripts, textures, and models are right there.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

yeah same problem trying everything.