Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Im tired of this!

The developers of this game put a lot of hard work into making this game for us!
They didnt make the game to hear your complaints about how the game sucks so bad, and if it sucked so bad why are you guys still on this forum, or playing the game???, If there are problems they will patch it or fix it soon....

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-11-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Offensive & provoking a fight.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

People have a right to compliment & complain. That's what forums are all about along with the exchange of ideas & strategies. You've only been here a day, or so. The words/phrases you chose where not the best way to introduce yourself.

We'll test the water here, and see how it goes. Hopefully it will be civil. If it gets out of control, I'll delete the thread, and any following threads like it.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-11-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

I really don't understand your thread. The game was in development for years, how many other games have such a good enviroment it takes an hour to drive from the bottom to the top. Sure the game has bugs but with a little time they will be taken out. I can easily waste 2 or 3 hours playing this game just because I find it fun
Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

I think his major complaint is people complaining about the game, and he's just tired of reading about it.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Machine translation from one of the russian forums :

Generally interesting - the main problem of this game, and unfortunately, no path can fix it, thats it done by the same people as the KOTR. They are at age, when they should provide conceptual guidance, producing, but they were sculptured game on their knees, in their spare time, freed from their work as "code monkey` s ". As a result, - for KOTR we can gratitude them, but for R`N`R - we should smash them in the face.
For what little hands clutching a brand, and not let the bread upon the waters, so he returned to them many times over.
They complain that they say they hurried. What is interesting, but who would not hurry after 8 years of a sluggish picking? There was no need to enter into an agreement with publishers, and so, no one would have to hurry them. Anyway, they making it in spare time. Killed by greed shtetl project. Global-minded Jew in the designer was not there. Pity.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Entire map ?

Hello

I too am tired of seeing negative opinions on this game

But I love it, I think it's great even if it is a little buggy, it's what gives it its charm!

We must not forget that it is an independent game.

I have a small question for you is that at the beginning of the game we have the whole map?

Does it extend when I finish the game? I'm 11 warehouses but the card has not changed. Is there any new cities to explore?

I have played since April 16 and frankly I do not stop most is my favorite game simulation / arcade. And Tridef, I play 3d terrain (anaglyph) is a whole other dimension that is offered to you.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

The reason I wasn't to impressed by the game is due to the simple fact that it took almost a decade to make. It was supposed to be a "simulator" and it's really not. Yea it's got good graphics but the 18 wos series is more simulation than Rig N Roll. That and the designers wanted to make it like the U.S. using paccar, navistar, etc, yet you get a 5 spd to start out with. There isn't a tractor in the U.S. that has a 5spd in it. Lowest I've seen is an 8. So it's not accurate. apparently they didn't know as much about the trucking industry as they should've or they figured the people that buy it are to stupid to shift an 18 speed I don't know. but as of right now I think I can safely say that I've forgot more about the trucking industry than the designers will ever know.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

SCS games are not more a simulation, the scenery on SCS games are all the same and you get bored in 2sec !

In RNR you get the chance to make choices and help people, you never know what to get when you start driving and thats the fun of it !
Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
The reason I wasn't to impressed by the game is due to the simple fact that it took almost a decade to make.
This phrase right here sums up why everybody's saying so much **** about the game.
People waited for so long, got their hopes so high, that, when the game came out, it didn't meet their expectations.
Whether it's because it's not a real simulator, or because it has bugs, or whatever - point is that people got mad that they waited so long for a game that's not what they hoped for. The only thing that gets me sad is that most people, when that happens, are like "This game is a complete **** up" or "This game is the worst game ever", and don't even bother to play the game for what it is. They're so biased by this, that they don't even consider all the good points it has. I feel sorry for the developers for putting up with this type of people. :/

Me, on the other hand, I am the exact opposite of this. I've waited for the game for so long that I couldn't bear to be dissapointed with it, so I had to overlook all of the bugs and things like that to like the game. And, once you do this, you start to realise how good of a game this is and how much attention to detail there is.

Now, of course, this is my oppinion. You guys are free to dislike the game. I just wished you could find more constructive ways to do that, and, perhaps, even help the developers make a newer, better game, than just flame them.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-06-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Edited for content.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

I think many people are hating this game because it is marketed as a trucking simulation but when they pay the money and install it, they are very disappointed with the arcade gameplay. If this game had been advertised as a trucking arcade racer, I would not have purchased it. Having bought a sim only to find out it's far from it, I was rather angry about it. Sure, it's a decent game IF you like this type of game. Personally, I think they owe me my money back since it was falsely represented. If I buy a motorcycle, I don't want to find a bicycle when it's shipped to me. It's the same with this game, I wanted a sim and got a arcade game that I personally find pointless and boring.

Oh, and as for why I personally come back on the forum even after I've long ago quit playing this game, I come back to spread the word. If I can help one person not get taken by buying this game under false pretenses, then I consider that a good thing. If they are looking for an arcade trucking game, go for it. If they are looking for a sim, I'd be less of a person to not warn them about what they are buying.

Last edited by Elwenil; 06-21-2010 at 07:35 AM.