Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTHaS View Post
Maybe you're right but i don't agree at all...

The game has some negatives but much more better and detailed than ETS, GTS or UKTS, or any trucking game. I think it can take 7/10.

For example it has better graphics than Euro Truck Simulator, German Truck Simulator, etc. We couldn't upgrade our truck with visuals on GTS, ETS etc..

But yes, the bigger companies should do a trucking game...
I'm not sure about that. I also have German Truck Simulator, and with the graphics turned up all the way, it's not bad. The graphics in this one are pretty good, but as far as from a truckers actual point of view, it's completely inaccurate. I'm a trucker, and they lack realistic everything. Speed limits (55, moving to 65 sometime), weigh stations (there are NONE, when they have over 15 in California alone), Local Roadways (such as LA, San Fransisco, Reno, etc) are missing, a lot of highways are completely blocked off, and honestly, as a trucker, the state of California sucks. They need to allow us to leave, much farther east than just Reno! Also, at least throw Las Vegas, NV in there! They have billboards all over for it, but we can't go there? We should be able to take a break and gamble too.

Also, one odd fact about this game.... I don't understand why we have trucks with sleepers but can't sleep in them, we have to hit up a hotel, Why????
Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Although I did not play any of the other truck games, like the Kings of the road or 18 Wheels of steel, this game Rig 'n Roll is good for me.

I love the game, and played it in different levels and won the global award every time. The quickest was in Novice in less than 1 game month.

In Trucker it happend 1 week later, but in Exdpert mode, my oh my, almost 2 full months!

Apart of a few minor errors which you can skip if you know how, this game is GOOD.

Thanks 1C !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelshunde View Post
I'm not sure about that. I also have German Truck Simulator, and with the graphics turned up all the way, it's not bad. The graphics in this one are pretty good, but as far as from a truckers actual point of view, it's completely inaccurate. I'm a trucker, and they lack realistic everything. Speed limits (55, moving to 65 sometime), weigh stations (there are NONE, when they have over 15 in California alone), Local Roadways (such as LA, San Fransisco, Reno, etc) are missing, a lot of highways are completely blocked off, and honestly, as a trucker, the state of California sucks. They need to allow us to leave, much farther east than just Reno! Also, at least throw Las Vegas, NV in there! They have billboards all over for it, but we can't go there? We should be able to take a break and gamble too.

Also, one odd fact about this game.... I don't understand why we have trucks with sleepers but can't sleep in them, we have to hit up a hotel, Why????
I drove truck almost 11 years straight. At 1st it's nice and adventures to sleep in the truck cabin, but after a time you get so fed-up with your own "sleeping quarters" that you want to get out more.

For the game this is supposed to accelerate the time, but also, if u do not work through the night, your competitors are!

They advance quickly and leave u behind. Do it many times with a lot of drivers working for you, and you cannot win the award.

The motto of the story? DO NOT SLEEP!

Happy racing and working your butt off!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-27-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST. Merged posts into one.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

That's not answering Teufelshunde's question as he put it. He wants to know why you have to sleep in the hotel, and not the sleeper. For this, there is no answer, except that the Dev's decided not to allow that function/capability. I found this to be silly myself.

In the game, there are curtain times that you must sleep in order to meet some people in the Story-Line that you may have arrived too early to meet, but yet not enough time to do a Side Mission, or take a load. Only the Story-Line will advance with you as you sleep. Not so with your competitors. They will freeze as you sleep, along with your workers.

You gave an opinion of sleeping in a the cab. Others may differ from yours. I in-fact enjoyed my sleeper. I had a home made mattress 8 inches thick, TV, Stereo, fridge, coffee maker, etc. All the basic comforts I needed.