Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

Arrow Is Rig ‘n’ Roll Worth Buying?

Not Worth Buying...

Save yourselves the disappointment and wait till they fix the game. Do your research on the forum regarding what people who played the game actually think about the game! I just recently paid for, installed and played the US version and I'm very disappointed with it. For crying out loud, the year is 2010 now, we have games like CODMW2, Assassins Creed 2, Crysis, GTR evolution, Dirt 2, Test Drive Unlimited to name a few games that are up-to-date with the times (not that they're all bug-free at release). RNR felt like it belonged to the year 2005. Now I'm gonna wish codemasters or better yet simbin would make a trucking game! Now that's saying something!

Last edited by Hotel; 04-20-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Maybe you're right but i don't agree at all...

The game has some negatives but much more better and detailed than ETS, GTS or UKTS, or any trucking game. I think it can take 7/10.

For example it has better graphics than Euro Truck Simulator, German Truck Simulator, etc. We couldn't upgrade our truck with visuals on GTS, ETS etc..

But yes, the bigger companies should do a trucking game...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Honestly, its not terrible, but its not great. The quality and lack of effort does not show 7 years of production in this game.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTHaS View Post
Maybe you're right but i don't agree at all...

The game has some negatives but much more better and detailed than ETS, GTS or UKTS, or any trucking game. I think it can take 7/10.

For example it has better graphics than Euro Truck Simulator, German Truck Simulator, etc. We couldn't upgrade our truck with visuals on GTS, ETS etc..

But yes, the bigger companies should do a trucking game...
Maybe the graphics of RnR are slightly better than the usual SCS games, but from what I'm reading here on the forums - and have read ever since the Russian version was released - I get the impression that pretty much everything else is better done in the SCS games. Traffic lights, speed limits, trailers that behave somewhat properly, sounds that are slightly better, you have to attach and detach your trailer yourself, slightly better AI behaviour, better controller support, .... Graphics don't make a game, you know.

I'm curious as to what the first reviews of the bigger gaming magazines will have to say about RnR. In the end a lot of it comes down to what you expect of this game. If you want a proper trucking simulation with believable physics, then the game is absolutely horrible and not worth paying a single cent for. If you just want to play around with trucks, drive unrealistically and smash things then you can probably have a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately most people who are interested in trucking games want a proper simulation and don't care for all this arcade stuff.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

I agree with you.
This is not a truck sim, and from what i read its not even moddable!

I still think the graphic is "strange" in my opinion. Not bad but nothing special.

The bad part is that when i play it it doesnt give me the feel of being behind a big rig. This is a big miss in a truck game.

I mean half of the job of a trucker is dock trailers in hard spots and try to travel fast but under the speed limits.
What we have in this game?

No speed limits and no chance to dock trailers by yourself. Why?

But we have missions and hitchhikers....wow!!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
Honestly, its not terrible, but its not great. The quality and lack of effort does not show 7 years of production in this game.
I would have to agree here. I would give it a 6/10. This game has all the ingredients to be a truly great game if 1C/RnR/Softlabs would take the time out to actually read what the consumers want and our likes/dislikes. Yes, one of the better companies would benefit greatly if they took RnR's game and made a better one with the consumer in mind. After 7 years in the making, this is all they got to show us for $35 bucks.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

I agree there's a serious lack of polish here, but in terms of _fun_, this game is in a whole different league than the SCS games (except perhaps Extreme Trucker, which is the most enjoyable SCS release so far, but very very limited).

I've been looking forward to Rig'n'Roll since 2003 or thereabouts, after having a great time with King of the Road. Every year I've tried the latest SCS truck game to see if they've managed to capture some of the fun of King of the Road, and every time I've been bitterly disappointed by them. Rig'n'Roll is definitely not all I wished for it to be, but it's sure a lot more enjoyable than anything SCS has done, ever.

Last edited by Kolorabi; 04-20-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

The current version of the game is horrible! 1C has the ideas but they can not execute them properly. I have 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal to the Metal from SCS. It was made in 2005 and it still works better the Rig n Roll. I hope that 1C can fix all the bugs. Prospective buyers and buyers are just running on hope now and that their money was not wasted. We are all waiting for the patch that migh not even come. Prospective buyers interested should keep tabs on the forum and see when the game has been fixed enough to be decently playable.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

Good points all...ultimately , the game as is right now..is just too arcadey ,dumbed down and mainstream, and yet far more of its target audience (trucking fans) would prefer a realistic, simulation type game, like 18WOS.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

1C makes so many high-tech war games that keep getting better and better. Their simulation games, however, stink. Freight Tycoon's graphics are horrible, in my opinion. It also seems that 1C did not put much effort into Rig n Roll. I do not understand how a good company could release a game with so many bugs, have all these forums, and still not fix all the problems or even acknowledge the problems presented by the players.