Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleDrajor View Post
Also the video trailers often showed trucks that were using NOS (flames on the exhaust pipes), hitting traffic cars and making chaos...

When I saw the game for the first time some years ago I thought that it was a simulation. And when R&R came out I really had to think about buying it or not because I was confused about the time limits and racings that was a hard contrast to the SCS games.

In the end I decided to buy the game and played and play it on the easiest difficulty.
I must say: I have no problems. The time limits are good so that I often can drive with the traffic flow. When I have some opponents they're easy enough to beat, I often drive at a maximum of 75 m/h, that's enough. And I'm always driving with following all rules.

I can use the game as a simulation now with driving the cargos without racing contest while my hired drivers (3 at the moment) do the hard work and earn loads of money, but are well paid, too.

It really makes fun this way, even for someone who was familiarized with the 18 WoS series for a long time!
Yea I was a little disappointed when I first bought it because it was more racing but after a while it does get kinda fun racing against people sometimes until the idiots rearend you or cut you off. The non comp loads are great when you get a lot of drivers though (I've got all 50) but I'm more of the go big or go home type of guy and I have to have the big bucks. I typically run 77 (what my pete tops out at now) and TRY not to get in wrecks because I have a pretty nice looking truck. but it's a lot different than 18wos...but it's still fun. mine's crashing at the moment though so it's a little annoying.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

i never had any problems with the time. i play on novice, and i can drive 50 + mph, and i make it on time with 50 mins left over.

also, in real lifetruckers to have limeits to how ong the carry the load, say 2 days 3 days, a few hours depends on the distance.

also remeber i minute in real life if 24 minutes in rign roll, so i always have plenty of time.

( i get leik 80 + mins to get from oxnard to redding)

hey uh, aslo this is off topic but, can you change the MPH system to KM/H? i m european.

also, when doing the racing stick to gether. the other dudes drive like 60 mph on cruise control you go 65, so youl end up in a convoy
Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibble View Post
hey uh, aslo this is off topic but, can you change the MPH system to KM/H? i m european.
You purchased the English version, and remember that you are on US Highways. Still, there should be a selection in the main menu for this, like 18 WoS.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

For a simulation Rig'n'Roll isnt good. And for racing it isnt great. You easily loose control when racing.

I like this game because it has realistic roads and all. I want to cruise from Reno to San Diego. I dont want to hold my breath when I make a stop at a truckstop and being scared I dont make the delivery in time after a long trip.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
For a simulation Rig'n'Roll isnt good. And for racing it isnt great. You easily loose control when racing.

I like this game because it has realistic roads and all. I want to cruise from Reno to San Diego. I dont want to hold my breath when I make a stop at a truckstop and being scared I dont make the delivery in time after a long trip.
Losing control?? What are you using as a driving controller? I never lost control unless my truck was damaged in some way (chassis, brakes, wheels, etc).
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
You purchased the English version, and remember that you are on US Highways. Still, there should be a selection in the main menu for this, like 18 WoS.

thanks. ill check it out when im back home ( im on holidays right now in ukraine)

heres some hot tips for the game. i have played it since i got it and im pretty mnuch a vetern at the game.

for the unpopular racing mission simply over take your rivals at any speed you want, the set at 65 mph. this will make a huge line, and end up in a very close win.

for timed missions, drive 70- 75 mph when over takeing and 60-65 mph when noirmnally driving. lets you obey the rules, and deliver your load on time.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-27-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

@PontiacGT201,

In ref. to losing control. There's no need to repeat it. The point was made. Some people don't like to be ganged up on.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 09-02-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Registered Member

hey malkor

what hex editor are you using to fine the time limits for jobs on?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
hey malkor

what hex editor are you using to fine the time limits for jobs on?
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Melkor never stated that he was adjusting the time limits for jobs, and if he was, he would post it in the "Mods" thread. Not here.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

I dont have time problems in this game. But hey, why would I when I drive with the pedal to the metal with 85 mph