Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
well im using a hex editor to try and find the time limits for jobs, so if i find anything good ill let you guys know
Sounds good ! Good luck !
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

I just hope they do something about those annoying time limits.

Sometimes with deliveries over long distances. I Cant go to a truckstop and then drive/cruise to the destination. BEcause I cant make it in time.

Last edited by Patrick; 08-11-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drujba Dreptatii View Post
I'm against time limits all togeter, why not put there an option ON/OFF.
Indeed, I was thinking the same thing. I don't like blasting through traffic trying to avoid the traffic which goes too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I just hope they do something about those annoying time limits.

Sometimes with deliveries over long distances. I Cant go to a truckstop and then drive/cruise to the destination. BEcause I cant make it in time.
Yeah, when my gas runs low and I have to go through a couple of exits and turnarounds to get to it, it takes like 2 minutes of my time giving me little time to get the load in

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-23-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

@Username D,
Stop double posting!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesjs View Post
I don't know if any one else has noticed this, but even the deliverys where there is no "competition", they still don't give you enough time limit for you to even to be able to just drive casually, you still have to drive at 70+mph just to reach the bloody destination in time!
All of the competition deliverys are a load of bullshit aswell, I tried one yesterday, and all but one lorry started about halfway to the destination, and the one behind me about 2 minutes after we started came flying past me like I was standing still!
So what I reccomend is completing the game first (how it is meant to be played, driving fast and stupidly) so you get a shitload of money, and then once you have completed the game, just drive at your own pace, because then you will have a load of money from completing the game, so therefore you can compensate for the forfiet.
Also has anyone noticed that when you change the graphics settings, nothing looks different at all?
you don't have to drive like an idiot to complete the loads in time. the argrosy you start out with is more than fast enough to complete the loads on time and in first. on any difficulty weather it be rookie intermediate or pro I don't know what the actual setting names are but you get the idea. full throttle helps out a lot even though it eventually bogs down your motor is what I'm going to assume because my tractor isn't running 82 flat land anymore. Yes I ran 82 but I didn't "drive stupid". I wasn't cutting off cars right and left and driving on the shoulder or the wrong side of the road all the time. it's how you drive and knowing your routes and how to get there the fastest and well beating the hell out of your tractor. the game obviously isn't a "simulator" and seeing as how you're competeing against other drivers pulling the same load you're going to have to drive fast. you don't puss around and lolly gag around I mean when was the last time you seen an o/o running speed limit? speed limit on the interstate in my state is 75 I get passed some nights by drivers running 80-85 so when you look at it speed is actually pretty realistic. if you've got a problem with the time just bob tail around and play the game that way.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Bubblesjs just can't comprehend that this is a RACING GAME, like it's predecessor. Those that don't like this, should not have bought it in the first place. There are many factors involved in this game, but racing is the primary event/goal here.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Perhaps Bubbles is one of the people like me who saw the game in the Steam store and said "Hey, a trucking simulator! This looks pretty good!" and then finds out it's a racing game ONLY after paying twenty bucks. Simulation, my ass. 1C dropped the ball on advertising this big time.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazama Itsuru View Post
Perhaps Bubbles is one of the people like me who saw the game in the Steam store and said "Hey, a trucking simulator! This looks pretty good!" and then finds out it's a racing game ONLY after paying twenty bucks. Simulation, my ass. 1C dropped the ball on advertising this big time.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I think you, and others need to read the whole ad, and not pick, and choose the ones that agree, or favor your own aspects of the game. Plus, whenever I look to purchase a game, I go to the publishers site, and find out all I can about it. I guess that's asking too much. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this. Before you ask, yes, I do this on every game, or program I purchase. I look at all the pros,and cons. Then I make my own mind up. There is nothing difficult here. Buyer beware. Reviews are an essential part of buying items on the internet. So who's to blame?? There's no deception here.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-27-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Bubblesjs just can't comprehend that this is a RACING GAME, like it's predecessor. Those that don't like this, should not have bought it in the first place. There are many factors involved in this game, but racing is the primary event/goal here.
and that's half of the problem that people don't understand that all of C1's trucking games are more racing than simulation...least the one's I've seen anyway. and honestly aside from the competition loads when you think about it the game is actually simulation due to the fact that you do have dealines that have to be made in real life. but not having speed limits kinda takes away from that. but I agree with you in full. if you looked at the screen shots online you HAD to know there was racing involved and if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
[...]

if you looked at the screen shots online you HAD to know there was racing involved and if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.
Also the video trailers often showed trucks that were using NOS (flames on the exhaust pipes), hitting traffic cars and making chaos...

When I saw the game for the first time some years ago I thought that it was a simulation. And when R&R came out I really had to think about buying it or not because I was confused about the time limits and racings that was a hard contrast to the SCS games.

In the end I decided to buy the game and played and play it on the easiest difficulty.
I must say: I have no problems. The time limits are good so that I often can drive with the traffic flow. When I have some opponents they're easy enough to beat, I often drive at a maximum of 75 m/h, that's enough. And I'm always driving with following all rules.

I can use the game as a simulation now with driving the cargos without racing contest while my hired drivers (3 at the moment) do the hard work and earn loads of money, but are well paid, too.

It really makes fun this way, even for someone who was familiarized with the 18 WoS series for a long time!

Last edited by BleDrajor; 08-25-2010 at 10:39 PM.