Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Arrow The Time Limits!

I don't know if any one else has noticed this, but even the deliverys where there is no "competition", they still don't give you enough time limit for you to even to be able to just drive casually, you still have to drive at 70+mph just to reach the bloody destination in time!
All of the competition deliverys are a load of bullshit aswell, I tried one yesterday, and all but one lorry started about halfway to the destination, and the one behind me about 2 minutes after we started came flying past me like I was standing still!
So what I reccomend is completing the game first (how it is meant to be played, driving fast and stupidly) so you get a shitload of money, and then once you have completed the game, just drive at your own pace, because then you will have a load of money from completing the game, so therefore you can compensate for the forfiet.
Also has anyone noticed that when you change the graphics settings, nothing looks different at all?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

@Bubblesjs,

I don't seem to have a problem with this. I did a lot of loads doing 60-65mph (in non-competitive loads). The guys ahead of you (in competitive loads) are easy enough to catch up to. I haven't lost one yet. The ones that start off behind me, well.... I just don't worry about them. The ones ahead of me, I just assume they got their loads ahead of me on the loading dock. I guess I didn't pay the dock-master enough.

As for the graphic settings, I haven't noticed. I started at max, and never looked back.

PS:
I knew the Mods were going to change your thread to something more appropriate.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

I'm against time limits all togeter, why not put there an option ON/OFF.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

Well bubbles is right depending on the difficulty setting you put it on the more/less time you have, and playing on trucker i have 5 mins less of time than i would have on Novice
Old 08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drujba Dreptatii View Post
I'm against time limits all togeter, why not put there an option ON/OFF.
You have to keep in mind that this is a truck RACING game. It's the sequel to Hard Truck that was a racing game. It's not really a simulation that I would describe like 18 WoS, and others are. This is more arcade style in-spite of how it was advertised. However, if scenery is one of the things that you would like to do.... I suggest you make the Traffic low/medium, and play at Novice. This gives you good time to complete your loads with less traffic, and enjoy the scenery.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
You have to keep in mind that this is a truck RACING game. It's the sequel to Hard Truck that was a racing game. It's not really a simulation that I would describe like 18 WoS, and others are. This is more arcade style in-spite of how it was advertised. However, if scenery is one of the things that you would like to do.... I suggest you make the Traffic low/medium, and play at Novice. This gives you good time to complete your loads with less traffic, and enjoy the scenery.
Sorry, but you're wrong. This is directly from the 1C game page (category MANAGEMENT!!):
Quote:
Apart from being the most accurate and innovative truck driving simulation game ever produced [...]
IMO it had the potential to be a really good simulation! But with all these extremely low time limits and no need to maneuver in any place, it's just a silly arcade racing game. It's a real shame after 7+ years of development...

Too bad that there isn't a playable demo version so I had to throw money away just to find out. So it'll be the last game from 1C for me.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

I'm not wrong. If you read my post correctly I stated "In-Spite of how it was advertised". I read the same ad as you did. Many would beg to differ about it being a simulation.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Let me explain

the time limits are indeed too short, you cant drive 45mp/h, you truelly have to race to get it on time

the other trucks are set on your position in the race

if you go fast they ll go fast too and if you slow down they all slow down so even if you have an accident they kinda wait for you; but when you take a load the last truck always gets extra speed to catch up sou gou guys all stick together

if you have ever played mario kart on the old SNES, it is like that, a character is preset to get a position so when it is behind it gets faster speed and regains the position...

anyway the time should be turned off or they should be an option to do it at least , for people who like enjoying driving on their ease
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmurf View Post
Let me explain

the time limits are indeed too short, you cant drive 45mp/h, you truelly have to race to get it on time

the other trucks are set on your position in the race

if you go fast they ll go fast too and if you slow down they all slow down so even if you have an accident they kinda wait for you; but when you take a load the last truck always gets extra speed to catch up sou gou guys all stick together

if you have ever played mario kart on the old SNES, it is like that, a character is preset to get a position so when it is behind it gets faster speed and regains the position...

anyway the time should be turned off or they should be an option to do it at least , for people who like enjoying driving on their ease
Yeah, i'm thinkin thats an good idea ! But who can do it ?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

well im using a hex editor to try and find the time limits for jobs, so if i find anything good ill let you guys know