Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Trucidation

Destructible modules, or item durability. E.g. "full health", "light damage", "heavy damage", "broken". We could set items to perform less optimally at different stages of damage or even be totally inoperable if they get broken.

Set flags to allow which weapons can have a %chance of causing this damage. This also opens the possibility of repair modules that fix items instead of shield / armor. In other words, more variety.

Edit:
This can also create more perks for repair; right now we have shield repair rate and armor repair rate. This can add item repair rate.

Another idea, firmware + pilot slot. Firmwares for fighters as well, not just mothership. Nothing major of course but even modest improvements (5%-20%) can help.

Last edited by Trucidation; 06-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to see some new player logos (and color - for those stripes - now it's cyan I think), which could be chosen when you choose pilot specialization (some new hero portrats to choose from would be nice too)

in my opinion, antilaser system "bubble" is ugly like hell, couldn't it be just glow effect like repair module?

also, I know that you don't need much aerodymanics in open space, but some of those fighters just looks like cut of stone brick.. I vote for more nice models like Black Stormcrow, Skolm, Trident and less stonebrick UFOs like Wyvern and all 1st and most 2nd generation fighters..

and last idea: it would be nice to add some storyline different than others, like joining Patrol to eliminate pirate gangs and such, and making system that would belong just to patrol, with trade station selling _pat0 fighters instead of _pl0)
and after ending this line Free Play, means you can start following some main storyline or just fly through the universe freely
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
also, I know that you don't need much aerodymanics in open space, but some of those fighters just looks like cut of stone brick.. I vote for more nice models like Black Stormcrow, Skolm, Trident and less stonebrick UFOs like Wyvern and all 1st and most 2nd generation fighters..
We need more models period, most of those models were made during the development of the original game.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Trucidation

I don't mind the "strange" ship design, after all as you say aerodynamics means squat in space - but as Nanaki observes, we simply lack models. They just need to give us more to choose from.

-
Edit:
Files in \Data\XMLSchema\ appear to be ignored; in the modding thread I tried to create a new item (game crashed), then modify an existing one (game ignored the change). If they can make these files actually be able to change things in the game then that would be fine.

Last edited by Trucidation; 06-08-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Suggestions for SW3 AoV

Some included mod tools would be awesome, like what Elemental: War of Magic is doing.

I would also love to have the option to make your own player faction, and control your own systems. Or maybe be able to take over an existing faction and eventually create your Galactic Empire!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Trucidation

Hmm... to be fair, that's sort of straying into 4X territory and I never really enjoyed micromanaging certain aspects; I'm here just to blow things up But, yeah, if you could purchase stations and then man them with your own crew that could effectively serve as a faction / home base.

Tools would be nice. And if they didn't obfuscate stuff *coughfiletypedynamiccough* and removed a few limits like adding perks and changing the XML definitions it'll help modders quite a lot.

I think I only mentioned this for the mothership, but if all ships could be multi-crewed (especially large ones, which makes more sense) that would be helpful. It could even open up new avenues for perks like fire control, tractor beam handling, etc. Isn't really as hard as it sounds; firmware sort of behaves like that already.

Keep the ideas coming
Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

I would have to agree with Tru, Star Wolves is first and foremost a combat game, and adding X4 elements would just divert resources from the rest of the game which needs all the development resources it can get.

Last edited by Nanaki; 06-09-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentencer View Post
I would also love to have the option to make your own player faction, and control your own systems. Or maybe be able to take over an existing faction and eventually create your Galactic Empire!
It's possible even now. Creating own base it's not problem. The problem is to keep it alive after you leave the sector. Taking control of enemy structures is possible too. All of these needs a lot of script work.

Edit:
About new screens. I can't see even one new ship. It worries me slightly. Will be any new ships in the expansion?

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 06-09-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
About new screens. I can't see even one new ship. It worries me slightly. Will be any new ships in the expansion?
where i can find these screens??

i already found them

Last edited by skrzacik; 06-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Approved Member