Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizzz View Post
I agree with you!!!
Me too, and Donnerwetter, nobody here is asking for an 18WoS clone. We are asking for, at the very least, is to have truck physics run, and work properly, or is this simply too much to ask with how far computer games have gone since 18WoS? It's just a damn shame.

It also rains quite often in beautiful weather. What's your excuse here? Don't give me that showers routine either. Showers don't last for hours with the sun shinning.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-23-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
Sry but do you really have an ability to speak on behalf of the most players?
Worldwide, it certainly can not speak. But I can speak for our Czech and Slovak community!! And it is also the number. Now no longer 95% of fans in our community to turn away from the game. Remained only about 5 percent of children who no matter what how it works. I'm the moderator for this section. And the long years of listening to they comments and I know what they expect from a game, what they like and do not like, etc. Now 95% of our community hates the game and it has a similar view as me. You Be 100% sure! Game got a new name there. Rig'n'Lol.

Worldwide, there may not be so categorical, but I can only guess. You are not reading all truck fans forums?? Probably not! If you are not interested in those numbers, so that's your problem .... More than 60-70% have a negative view on R'n'L

Quote:
What you are asking for is to make RnR clone of 18WoS... which is nonsense and not gonna happen. Sorry.
Lol. Well for one thing. SCS will not play games. Is there a bad game engine, etc. But if you mean to compare these games, so the only nonsense here is the R'n'L!

Quote:
Look, nobody arguing with the statement that trailers behaviour is hardly realistic. But then again, if it was realistic enough to allow you parallel parking, how many times would you do 'this trick' by itself, not asking by the game? Twice, maybe, just to be sure it works? There is just no need to do it. It is so by design.
Sorry, this game is really about missions, deliveries and competiton, all hardcore cutted.
If I speak for myself and my friends where I was 100%, so I would do parallel parking always! Each manual unloading of cargo loading!!!! If the situation is always required to back, riding a long arc in turn is sharp for a long truck, etc. ...... !!!

I beg you. I have of you feel that you are the person wearing them from SoftLab. I think it right or not?? I not understand your arguments. That's how doggedly defend the unsuccessful game...

Last edited by pook; 04-23-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

After playing this game for a while I agree that the physics aren't even close to realistic. SCS software isn't perfect but they have the basic idea of how a truck and trailer move through traffic. Hopefully they'll patch it but I don't see it happening.

I also don't get what they were aiming with this game...so much work into the "realism" but left out so many crucial parts...
Old 04-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Truck View Post
After playing this game for a while I agree that the physics aren't even close to realistic. SCS software isn't perfect but they have the basic idea of how a truck and trailer move through traffic. Hopefully they'll patch it but I don't see it happening.

I also don't get what they were aiming with this game...so much work into the "realism" but left out so many crucial parts...
Than patches to the game RNR may wish rather to SCS produced a new quality to the physics engine. Then stop speculation. Then right after RNR remains utterly forlorn, dead game and no one interest harass SoftLab with patches..:/
Old 04-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Truck View Post

Yup, and that is what we're trying to convey, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, or they are just not interested in our views. Maybe somebody there should actually attend a trucking school, get behind the wheel of one, and really see what us truckers are all talking about. Don't make a trucking game if you don't know the first thing about it. I'm not talking about being in the shotgun seat! I mean actually drive one.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-23-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Yup, and that is what we're trying to convey, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, or they are just not interested in our views. Maybe somebody there should actually attend a trucking school, get behind the wheel of one, and really see what us truckers are all talking about. Don't make a trucking game if you don't know the first thing about it. I'm not talking about being in the shotgun seet! I mean actually drive one.
I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that a game like RnR can give more entertainment to a player, than driving a slow, complicated truck.

Well, i think that maybe a slow real-sim trucking game can give entertaintment for years to come.

how long do you think can last the entertainment of Rnr?
Two weeks?

After the last mission completed do you really want to try another of those unreal trucks? I dont think so!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizzz View Post
I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that a game like RnR can give more entertainment to a player, than driving a slow, complicated truck.

Well, i think that maybe a slow real-sim trucking game can give entertaintment for years to come.

how long do you think can last the entertainment of Rnr?
Two weeks?

After the last mission completed do you really want to try another of those unreal trucks? I dont think so!
The biggest problem I see here is ability to mod something (not to mod just graphic features like trucks/trailers/cars etc. but physics too) Is there even possibility to mod something like in 18WOS series? If yes then theres still a hope...

P.S.: I`m one of those unhappy 95% from CZ/SK community that pook mentioned here.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

You have to keep in mind, though, that generally the main interest of game developers is to sell as many copies of a game as possible. To do that a game must appeal to as broad an audience as possible. That means keeping it simple and adding enough stuff to keep the average player interested.

When reading these forums you may get the impression that the majority of the people are disappointed with the game, but they are only a very very small part of the entire player base. Add to that that someone who is happy with the game will be much less likely to sign up on this forum. People who are unhappy with the game, however, will much more likely sign up on the forum to convey their disappointment and vent their frustration. Which is what you see happening here. So don't be mistaken into thinking that hardly anyone likes this game. The people who do like it just remain silent.

As much as I would like to see a proper trucking sim I just don't see it happening anytime soon because the market for something like that is just way too small if you see the bigger picture. There is a market for it, but it's a niche market and that simply isn't very appealing for any game studio. It's the same in the simracing genre. The best selling games are the Need For Speed series and the like; very arcade style games with highly unrealistic physics and lots of bling and action to keep the average Fast & Furious wannabe happy. If you want a proper racing sim there is only a handful of games available.

As for RnR, I can see them fixing a couple things in an upcoming patch, maybe adding a few features, but I very much doubt that the core of the game - the arcadey physics, the races etc... - will change.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

@Obsolum:

Your point is valid, and certainly worth noting. However, (there always seems to be a however) I belong to several gaming forums, and most of them have positive things to say about the games they represent. Such as Tropical3, and Mass Effect2, to name just a couple. They are insightful, and offer many positive recommendation, and generally applaud their games.

I have not been to such a site that had so much of a poor review as this one, by so many people. They hyped the game up so much, only to be let down by some serious performance, physics, and just plain olé lack of realism issues. When I look at a particular game I review forums, and other review formats. So, when you talk about the general population, keep in mind of those people too. The sales they would have had if a lot of those people didn't buy it because of the poor reviews. There are lots of stats to be compared to get the over-all picture of sales, and opinions. This can not be dis-counted.

Also look at how many viewers there are looking at some of the most popular threads, and out of all of them. how many prospective customers are saying "Oh, forget this game"? I come here as often as you, and sometimes I see 10+ guest, or un-registered viewers. These also must be taken into account.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-23-2010 at 08:18 PM.