Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

USA Trucker:
Ok. So then, he will know when you play that it does not behave as a fully manual gearbox I have G25 2 years. I'm just playing habits of simulation type. LFS, RBR, rFactor, GTR series. I can set G25 and I can adjust to the steering wheel on the different games and I can say that RNR is first bad physics, and FF primitive in terms of transmission works as an extra mutation is semi-automatic clutch. Such a system does not exist in the real world, so I call the "mutant" because in reality it does not specify.

PS: I'm in real-life trucker, so I know what I mean. Yes trucker in Europe. This is different behavior of American and European truck such as axles and stiffness, but different systems gearbox. In principle, the activities are similar. (in control). Except for minor differences. Direct engagement and synchronized. (Europe's old trucks were previously too direct engagement, so I know how it works in practice ).....
Old 12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
USA Trucker:
Ok. So then, he will know when you play that it does not behave as a fully manual gearbox I have G25 2 years. I'm just playing habits of simulation type. LFS, RBR, rFactor, GTR series. I can set G25 and I can adjust to the steering wheel on the different games and I can say that RNR is first bad physics, and FF primitive in terms of transmission works as an extra mutation is semi-automatic clutch. Such a system does not exist in the real world, so I call the "mutant" because in reality it does not specify.

PS: I'm in real-life trucker, so I know what I mean. Yes trucker in Europe. This is different behavior of American and European truck such as axles and stiffness, but different systems gearbox. In principle, the activities are similar. (in control). Except for minor differences. Direct engagement and synchronized. (Europe's old trucks were previously too direct engagement, so I know how it works in practice ).....
yeah, I can't see a point of having such type of clutch in real life as it doesn't disconet engine from the wheels so in real life it would be autoclutch instead.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

@Pook,

I'm not going to debate something I don't have yet. Some people say G25 works great, and others don't. Some know how to program it, others don't. Of the 3 people that say it works just fine, 2 are also Real-Life Truckers, and so was I not too long ago. So, I will be able to determine this for myself.

I evaluate everyones opinion, and use it as a guide for face value, good, bad, or indifferent, and then form my own opinion, when I get the game.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Ok. NP
It is possible to overlook something because I do not understand Russian. More time spent here on setting up the game more than playing games. As regards the Russian version, I found there only automatic transmission and manual. Only two and a manual does not work exactly as manual. The problem I have written last .....
I also love playing with the settings. This even able to remap G25 to me in the game worked great and small series. Thanks remapping using a special program "Xpadder" I chose to order a small number of a defined 1,2,3 switch button on the steering wheel position and rank of 1,2, which is changed to 4,5.
I can setup the wheel well and I can adjust to it as needed. RNR Unfortunately, it is very bad. Firstly inappropriately deful a defined commands, bad FF etc. (perhaps here used to the different quality Hardcore simulators, so that's why it seems to me FF outstanding, inaccurate, chaotic)

Ok. If you could write here would set your friends??

Last edited by pook; 12-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ok. NP
It is possible to overlook something because I do not understand Russian. More time spent here on setting up the game more than playing games. As regards the Russian version, I found there only automatic transmission and manual. Only two and a manual does not work exactly as manual. The problem I have written last .....
I also love playing with the settings. This even able to remap G25 to me in the game worked great and small series. Thanks remapping using a special program "Xpadder" I chose to order a small number of a defined 1,2,3 switch button on the steering wheel position and rank of 1,2, which is changed to 4,5.
I can setup the wheel well and I can adjust to it as needed. RNR Unfortunately, it is very bad. Firstly inappropriately deful a defined commands, bad FF etc. (perhaps here used to the different quality Hardcore simulators, so that's why it seems to me FF outstanding, inaccurate, chaotic)

Ok. If you could write here would set your friends??
Pook you are correct with the way the G25 feels I bought mine about 2 years ago and played RBR most of the time. The clutch feature is a button press - when you change gear its the same the only clutch support is a button wich is totally unrealistic and the physics are pretty arcade. But I would rather play RnR than ETS RnR may be lower than peoples expectations but it is still a good game a quick patch and the game will rock
Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

kennyb87
Yes. I agree. Just think that RNR has the potential untapped and passed me! RNR can be damn good game and I feel that the engine is untapped capabilities. I hate games SCS. This series of games are completely free of physics and I can not play less than 5 minutes. RNR I criticize, because they feel that the RNR would go into a much better game and maybe a decent simulation. The SCS's not, so do not criticize it, because I was not worth the criticism .... It's a shame. The RNR could be much much better game:/
Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I hate games SCS. This series of games are completely free of physics
uhm... You sure about that?

Pacejka Settings (included since 18 WoS Haulin):
Code:
SiiNunit
{

# Level 0
pacejka_data: pacejka.lateral.default
{
		a[0]: 0.000
		a[1]: 1.2

a[2]: 1.37
		a[3]: 120.0

a[4]: 1.3

a[5]: -0.08
		a[6]: -0.01
}

pacejka_data: pacejka.longitudinal.default
{
		a[0]: 0.05
		a[1]: 1.37

a[2]: 1.37
		a[3]: 120.0

a[4]: 1.3

a[5]: -0.08
		a[6]: -0.01
}
}
Air resistance and suspension parameters (included since 18 WoS Haulin):
Code:
SiiNunit
{
chasis_data: chasis.0
{
	# The air resistance and the wheel rolling resistance force constant
	cdrag: 1.0

ccr: 50

# The frontal area of the vehicle for the resistance force computing
	frontal_area: 100.0

# suspension parameters for rear wheels
	rear_cfm: 0.0006
	rear_erp: 0.7
	rear_uplift:-0.1

# suspension parameters for front wheels
	front_cfm: 0.001
	front_erp: 0.5
	front_uplift: -0.15
}
}

Oh to get you up to the state of knowledge about SCS Games:
Thats what Pacejka is!

And now tell me again that SCS Games aint have physics.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr luder View Post
And now tell me again that SCS Games aint have physics.
Alright, they've got physics... but they're utter crap

Although I have to say that this does look really good. Graphics wise I dare say that it puts RnR to shame. Can't really say much about the actual driving feel or gameplay, of course.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Mr luder:
Well, this is implemented modifications to the game. I thought the original game is a disaster. That if imlemented the RNR better than SCS .....
Ok. Pls. Can you send me the mode in Haulin private mail but they are spam??
I'd like to try what will change. Pls Thx.
I tried all SCS series at a time when started. And not, no further modifications. And I did not enjoy the original SCS more than 5 minutes and here are more interested to .....

Ps: Works under this modification: weight, centrifugal force, the adhesion (dry, wet, snow, ice) deformation, the exact acceleration deakceleration (depending on weight, adhesion ....), physics of materials, H manual transmission, the exact effectiveness of the service brake and Jakebrake, center of gravity, thoughtful service + AI behavior .... etc??? If not, then it is a non-complex. It is not enough then.

Last edited by pook; 01-01-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Well I think US out of luck it would seem when it come to buying this game. Second Dont get me wrong I want as Much real as I can get Of these game, But youre asking for the wourld here. You want that much detail In Phics Go get you're CDL's Then you can talk to me about Phics. Such driving up a Major Mountains in snow. I know I've Been there Done that. We play these games to get close as possible, But lets face it we are not that close yet in the gaming wourld. That would be 10 20 years maybe from know. But for its time its seems atleast pretty good, Atleast Better than SCS. SCS is a joke I'm glad they make games cause frankly no esle will on trucks Ea doesn't touch it or neither does the other big Company's. But Ive played ever single one of SCS. Frankly Graphice wise is a ******* joke! Phics a Joke. In fact the only way I can get anything out of it, Is to get a mod from a player that change the game. Like trucks, Or grass such. In fact thats how I ran across this game in the first place. Been dreaming I hade the damn thing for 5 hours know, But wait I'm American we not alowed to Sh%t! But all in all the game looks great opens the door hopefully to Improvements in this type of game. But 8 Years for this type of game? Man way to slow. Ive seen Darkfall online which is a online game MMO play style very Complex game to make and keep with in the lines to work right with good grachics, and even with only 20 man ream they completed there's in 6 years. Europ game By the way.

Last edited by ReddogTn; 02-07-2010 at 09:13 AM.