Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Default A bug in this game just made me laugh

So i just did the Stern Crane flashback and then i go back to present day and all of a sudden BAM i get thrown to my desktop and receive an error message saying somthing like 'could not fill floor texture 1024x1024 - your video card probably doesn't have enough memory.'

That is retarded lmao! For one thing i was running the game at 1920x1080 not 1024x1024 and im playing the game with THREE GTX260's in SLI. That's 2.6GHz of video memory. Come on.... idiocy
Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Try to dowangrade the resolution only where you got the error, then... finish the sector and re-set to 1920x1080
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

Weak dude...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

honestly, i can't tell if your post is a joke. i don't want to start a flame war, but i don't think you know what you're talking about at all. i really mean no offense, but i don't think you have a clue about anything computer related.

1) the floor texture size i'm pretty sure is simply a size and NOT talking about resolution. even if it were talking about a resulution, i doubt that this game would include a resolution for a square.

2) memory is not measured in "GHz." that's the clock speed, not the memory. more likely your memory is measured in GBs. In addtion, I have not looked up your specific card, but you may not want to be stacking memory sizes.

3) Why would you get a special mobo to support 3 SLI? very bizarre.

4) Why build a rig like that and not OC your cpu?

5) 12GB ram? what are you doing with your computer that could possibly require that? lol.

And so on and so forth.

So, yes. you got an error, but it did not mean what you interpreted. As for an actual solution, I do not have one other than to lower your graphics settings in general until you can move past that area successfully.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Nice of you to troll. That post was most helpful i must say.

1. Whatever - thats graphics art territory

2. Typos do happen. GBs was what i meant.

3. Why get a tri SLI mobo? Coz its fun and the fps gains in EVERY game but Cryostasis are quite good.

4. I do overclock my rig for benchmarking. Tried playing this game at 3.5ghz and still it didn't help the massive fps drops.

5. 12GB of RAM is future-proofing and is really handy when you're computer is being used for folding.

I've realised its a physx bug that's ruining the fps now anyway. Game runs fine with both Physx options turned OFF. 40-60fps at all times. The physx patch obviously did sweet FA.

6. STFU and GTFO troll.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

seeing as how i'm one of the few people on these forums not bashing the game for its bugs, helping people understand the storyline, etc. I find it difficult to simply label me as a troll. However, in this thread, you may be right. I was simply stunned by what you wrote, that's all.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

The story is good.... but thats about all. If u play with physx on the game is so screwed its a slide show. Playing with it off is less atmospheric but at least it works.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMaster View Post
The story is good.... but thats about all. If u play with physx on the game is so screwed its a slide show. Playing with it off is less atmospheric but at least it works.
I Really don't know how you have can problem with a Triple SLI GTX 260 with PhysX ON.

I have a single GTX 280 and i reach 50~60 FPS with all setting maxed out and PhysX ON, @1440x900, and this can't be only because of massive CPU OC.

How you set the SLI configuration?

Try to use 1 card for the game, and the other 2 for the PhysX instead of use all three cards for both.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

The difference is resolution. You're running at 1440x900 i'm running it at 1920x1080. And for a resolution like that, multi-core cpu support is needed. The game does not have multi-core support therefore, at high resolutions even with 3 cards in SLI, because the cpu can only use one of its cores fully, the graphics cards can't communicate with the cpu as much as fast need to.

In Crysis i have no problem running that game smoothly at 1920x1080 / 4xAA / 64-bit / DX10 / V-sync ON because Crysis uses all 4 cores on my cpu so there is no bottleneck when using high resolutions.

Even with just 1 or 2 cards in the machine the game still stutters with physx ON at high resolution. I'm guessing more ice shards are present on screen at 1080p therefore more physx to contend with than 1440x900. But since Crysis is a more graphically intense game and i can play that fine, then im calling out Cryostasis for bad programming. Plus Cryostasis crashes quite frequently whereas Crysis does not.

Last edited by RavenMaster; 10-11-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Mhhh... the hardware requirment when you increase the resolution is just more amount of VRAM, because texture area bit more heavy.

Anyway, i tried @1080p with my LG TV, and the frame drop to a MIN of 28FPS and a MAX of 40FPS.

Quote:
Plus Cryostasis crashes quite frequently whereas Crysis does not.
Not true, both games have problem, and for me, only crysis gave me lot of trouble when i change from x32 to x64 even if the game support 64bit architecture.