Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN

NecroVisioN First-person shooter. The year is 1916. Young private fights enemy soldiers, vampires and demons on the battlefields of World War I and underground.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Default How to bring back the killed enemys to live?

Hi.

Could it be that it is not possible in the german version to bring back the dead bodys/enemys to live Because when you kill one the body will instandly removed.
What can i do? I dont want to miss it.

K.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

I'm not certain but i think you'll find that due to all the very strict rules regarding violent computer games in Germany lately, they would have toned alot down and perhaps even removed things, such as the bodies rising from the dead.
It doesn't surprise me, but it's still very sad that they ruin games for people because of a few bad seeds who go on a killing spree and the media has nobody to blame but computer games.

I have also heard that they removed blood spray and replaced it with gray dust, is that happening in your version? - That goes for the Australian release too.

You might be able to find a patch somewhere which changes the settings which had to be changed for German release. But i'm not even sure where to start looking so hopefully someone else has an idea of how to fix it.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Like Keuma, I'm not absolutely sure but I would guess that it's part of the Geman censorship system. One of their particular objections is the ability to "interact" with opponents after they have been killed.

There was a particularly good description of this in a development blog for the Ritual (now defunct) game "SiN: Emergence". Ritual's solution was to "fix" the body in place once dead, not allowing any further rag-doll effects. I suspect that The Farm 51 took the route of making the bodies disappear. This, of course, removes the chance of using one of the features of the ShadowHand. I can see that it wouldn't be economically viable to change the game to remove all references to this, just for one regional version.

Again, as Keuma says, a shame.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Well if the problem really comes from the german censorship (r$*#§ germans) AND you really want this feature back, then all you need is the lscripts.pak from any non-german edition. Either:
-Ask someone to send it to you
-Or install the gamerstate 1.2 patch (more like "extract" than "install" actually) anywhere EXCEPT where your game is installed, then take the lscripts.pak and replace yours with the one from the patch.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Ohh man i thank you Gniarf for this hint.

Like u has described I have replace lscripts.pak and it works
I have replace all other files too but not this exe files Necro..V,1 and ,2. I have some more fps know and the ääähmm "gameplay" is more smooth.

@ Nokturnal

Yes its gray dust. The bodys disappear so fast that they dont reach the ground. Hmm i was wondering why they havend removed the killanimation with the sword

But know its like it should be. And i am happy

Sooooo now its time kick some death asses.

The lucky K.