Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Arrow Open Offers @60 Miles Diner.

I am having problem with open offers. Everytime I come to a rest area I go check the local 60 mileage bar and many times I see OPEN OFFERS.

Unfortunately when I get back in my truck, I see that I almost don't have the time to get there - in time.
So am I something missing here ?
You are supposed to drive to the warehouses (most of the times 3) mentioned in the offering right ?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

You didn't miss anything here. I haven't been able to complete one yet due to the impossible time limit. Too far to go, and not enough time to get there. It seems like this part of the game was not even tested before it's release. I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone using the Russian version complete one either. Maybe Donnerwetter could shed some light here. In the meantime I just don't bother with it anymore.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

I take Open offer when I see it at CCWA base and never try to reach it from 60 miles.

Now how papers work:
1. Some event (Open offer in this case) is created in game world
2. Paper is placed in 60 miles
So either papers should have been placed before an event is created to allow more time to reach Open Offer (which is not possible with the current system) or player should take into account that paper was created some time ago (may be long before he was able to read it).
It is basically the fault of open world with simulated life. Life in the game world goes by itself.
But please don't forget that Open Offers are not unique events. You will encounter them from time to time, and even if you can't reach desired OO in time, you can be sure that some similar OO will be created after some time.

Last edited by donnerwetter; 05-11-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Well why you think you should be able to reach it ? Maybe sometime you will be able. It's just an offer, it shouldn't depend on players needs. I thinks so. It's realistic.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
I take Open offer when I see it at CCWA base and never try to reach it from 60 miles.

Now how papers work:
1. Some event (Open offer in this case) is created in game world
2. Paper is placed in 60 miles
So either papers should have been placed before an event is created to allow more time to reach Open Offer (which is not possible with the current system) or player should take into account that paper was created some time ago (may be long before he was able to read it).
It is basically the fault of open world with simulated life. Life in the game world goes by itself.
But please don't forget that Open Offers are not unique events. You will encounter them from time to time, and even if you can't reach desired OO in time, you can be sure that some similar OO will be created after some time.
So basically this is a useless part of the game, and should have been replaced with something that would be of value for the players. Things like more side missions. Otherwise 6O miles diner is really a lame duck, unless a mission directs you there. Some more thought should have be used in the creation of 60 miles in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
So basically this is a useless part of the game, and should have been replaced with something that would be of value for the players. Things like more side missions. Otherwise 6O miles diner is really a lame duck, unless a mission directs you there. Some more thought should have be used in the creation of 60 miles in my opinion.
I don't think it is quite useless.
It adds some flavor of outside life from my POV.
Regarding 60 Miles, they are often starting point of quests.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
I don't think it is quite useless.
It adds some flavor of outside life from my POV.
Regarding 60 Miles, they are often starting point of quests.
I have already stated that "unless a mission directs you there" it serves no practical purpose. Flavor would consist of a "open offer" you could actually make, or talking to the bartender, and patrons for some local area news, more side missions outside of the story line (for those that don't follow the story), and more hitch-hikers. Things of that nature. For the most part there is nothing noteworthy going on there.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Default I have

I have been able to complete a few open offers in Lebec and Oxnard.