Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > NecroVisioN: Lost Company

NecroVisioN: Lost Company Prequel to the old-school, horror FPS

Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Default The Golem

I doubt most of you are bad enough at "Boss Fights" to have found this out. I am I thought this was amusing.

I'm playing through on MoC again, with the patch installed, and I came to the final stage of the Golem fight. I think a change has been made to make this harder because I was having considerable difficulties. In frustration, I just started killing things, ignoring the Golem altogether. Suddenly, I realised I'd wiped out the first wave of enemies. I'd always assumed they would constantly respawn. So, could I do this with the rest? Yes I could. I killed everything leaving just me and the Golem. Without his "retinue", he's a piece of cake to defeat

I'm not sure this will be a strategy for Demon Crusher, though

EDIT: Just finished the game on DC. It turns out to be a perfectly good strategy I finished off The Golem with a WWI rifle

Last edited by AncientMariner; 08-16-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

I'll try it that way.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

My strategy, just in case you need it.

When you're dropped in, you have ammo to the left, if required. Get rid of the teleporting "Serpent" as a priority. It's a beefed-up version compared to the original game. Then run right and "camp" near the ruined bridge. Let them come to you ... and the ShadowHand Claw Keep moving around this area, taking out the Flying Demons when you can with the weapon of your choice but save your Razer ammo. When the tougher Flying Demons appear, Razer them as they pause and attempt to fireball you. One shot does it. When the Beasts spawn in, stay hidden and headshot them as much as you can with your trusty sniper rifle. This weakens them (and sometimes kills them) so when they come for you, they're easier to kill. After that, throw whatever you've got left at the Golem, without getting too close. Sorted

Good luck.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Wel, thanx for the help, but in the meantime I've finished it with a lot of running ang shooting those bastards around Golem with everything I had..
You didn't mention anything about turning on these generators around the field,.well,..I did it..!!, and when my left hand started to burn/ after a few nice headshots/ I launched my fireball attack which in combination with power from generators provided a great shock to golem,..two or three attacks like that and Golem is done,..

...P.S. Demon crusher level.