Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Default He-111 Coarse setter? & AutoPilot weaving.

Hello,

I'm learning to fly the He-111

One thing i'm a bit confused about is the 'coarse setter'. I don't really understand what it does. This is the 'ring' around the compass. if i alter it don't i screw up my compass directions?

Presently i think i have the auto pilot and directional gyro setup figured out but i don't understand the 'coarse setter'. By moving it i seem to be reconfiguring the compass. Is this right. Is it just mislabelled?

Also i often find the AutoPilot weaves a lot. I manually get myself on the desired coarse, set the AP to this coarse, engage it, and it weaves left & right of this coarse. Is it just a bit crap or am i doing something wrong. I do manually line myself on the desired coarse..

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

The course setter is a visual guide to aid when turning to a course and staying on course, it doesnt affect the compass.

As far as autopilot make sure your plane is well trimmed for current attitude and make sure your speed is 200 kph or above, faster is better (250 + in 88s and 110s) You can also help with aileron to get it to settle faster. There is also an offset from desired course to what course you set ap course, it's about 5 degrees off in 111s, so set 315 for 310 as a start.

Hope this helps.

ATAGTorric270

Last edited by torric270; 11-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Ok thanks mate.

Regarding AP, i'm probably not well trimmed and possibly doing 190kph.

I'll have a look at the course setter again.. i thought it adjusted the compass, must have misread it.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Course setter will change the course, which affects nothing, but repeater compass remains the same.

Last edited by torric270; 11-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.