Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Prop Flicker..Ridiculous

Okay..updated drivers, tried every possible combo I can think of, SSAO on/off, vsync on/off...different settings...clouds on/off, and I cant get rid of these ridiculous prop flickers. I dont know who muffed this up, but plenty of people are having this issue, and its turned the game for me UNPLAYABLE if I have to dogfight and fiddle with a flickering stuttering area in the crosshairs, EVEN while fps stay 60 plus.
Can anyone tell me how to just DISABLE the prop? I know thats highly unlikely, the game moved into the right direction, and now. WTF...this. Sixteen months into this circus and they still cant figure it out, this is comical.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

No escape and Im pretty sure its logged in the bug tracker/devs aware.

It happens more the sun is directly infront of you or directly behind.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Farber, I do hope its logged into the bug fixes, however, it has been mentioned in the last two patches, yet, no fix. Hard to say worse if the sun is in front of you, as when it is, the screen just goes blind, and you really see nothing, I've honestly now discovered no discernable pattern to its frequency. On my PC, it does NOT affect the fps, and regardless of vsync on or off, its stilt there, so I dont think its a tearing issue. Just fix it please, because Im NOT buying the sequal this time until many months after release and see how it pans out.

My own feeling is that if they choose to add all these drivable tanks, playable ack ack guns, so on and so forth, a whole new series of problems may crop up which we are not even focusing on at the moment, because the old problems and new ones, are just too many.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Couldn't agree more. The props are ridiculous. As are the flickering trees and shadows.

RedToo.

43 Squadron.

My 'Waiting for Clodo' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

yeah i agree, the prop reflections are way too pronounced, and it happens quite regular, that targets right in front of you become invisible because of the prop blade....
but even more annoying is that contacts are flickering in a certain distance, and spitfires completely disappear at midrange...
its almost impossible to track them if they dive above terrain and especially cities...and as the players are not stupid, they know about this exploit and use it on a regular basis...
trees shimmer as well, but for me at least, thats not a show stopper, while the flickering and disappearing contacts are really annoying.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

+1 on all above
Old 10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

i dont think this was mentioned again in the latest bug list request from B6, so i fear they might not address it

if we get enough people to complain about it they might still deal with it
, and i think this is a must ! currently it is one of the most ugly and unrealistic prop effect, and almost makes the game unplayable.

when i noticed the 48 hr recent info requests on bugs for them to fix, i just got a quick post in for requesting the FoV kb key assignment issue, but had no time to raise the prop issue because it closed shortly thereafter.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 10-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

i hope this means at least one wonderwoman view server in the future for arcade players as the start problems implied servers with air start

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

I was outraged when I tried to defend myself in a dogfight and could not see through the prop..... I am really glad that people are speaking up... in every plane (and sim) I have been in I never saw this prop problem..... this game fabricated this problem and it needs to be unfabricated before the final release, if not sooner.

IMHO
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

I as well as at least one other person, mentioned this prop flicker in the patch PRIOR to the latest one, so, its been brought up, and I thought certainly it would be addressed in this, which might be the next to last patch, just to confirm it before the final Steam patch. The game is unplayable in present state. The prop appears to slow down, at max speeds, it flickers quite constantly, and also some weird light contrast coming off of it. Many hours of testing confirms its not just when zoomed in, but also when sitting back in the seat. A flight combat sim is worthless if you cant see the enemy in the crosshairs, and just sightseeing has lost its amazement. Keep this thread alive, and maybe someone will get a clue.

Last edited by priller26; 10-12-2012 at 11:27 PM.