Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

Default CLOD Middle Wallop

Hello : )

As much as I hate to be 'that new guy,' I took the plunge and bought CLOD off steam for £9.99 today.
Once i installed the recent beta patch and got some decent framerate out of it, I have to say that was a bargain and this is now my favourite WW2 flightsim. Loving every minute of it - the attention to detail, the flight model. It's near perfection.

One minor gripe - my local WW2 airfield (still operational) is RAF (now Army Air Corp) Middle Wallop. Since this holds some great local historical value for me, I was disappointed to not see it on the vast English Channel game map. Is there any modified map or mission that incorporates this airfield into the game?

And also, since I'm new, any essential mods/addons I should check out?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Wilkommen Englander!

Glad you're enjoying it. Check out flying online when you get used to the planes, you'll probably get more out of it than just SP.

There's not much going on in the way of mods as the game code is evolving and the game isn't considered stable enough yet. However, a map SDK is in the works so once that gets released, then hopefully someone can look at adding that in for you.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Hi Dan!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

Welcome Dan, RAF Detling is missing as well

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

hey danhalluk!

if you are interested in multiplayer, and if you like it historical, then give us a shout...two RAF squads are recruiting,...and will certainly welcome you!

www.aircombatgroup.co.uk
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Hello Dan,

You'll find a new airfield that wasn't there too. Ramsgate.

Please check your PM's Hope to see you in the skies.

~S~
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Thanks all for making me feel welcome

I expected Middle Wallop wouldn't be the only historical discrepancy on the map. I'll wait for the SDK then and keep my fingers crossed for a more accurate map (not that I'm complaining too much about the exisiting one -it's great).

I really hope this game maintains a steady community - I know CLOD has a bad reputation for poor performance/optimisation, but I see so much potential for it to be great.
I was playing Gaijins Wings of Prey/War Thunder recently, but I much prefer the immersion represented here. I'll definitely be sticking around!

I'll get involved with the online soon, but since I've only just started playing I'd like to get to grips with the advanced controls and configure my flight stick first. Still trying to wrap my head around the basics!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

It is possible to add and Airfield object to a mission via FMB but sometimes it is not shown correctly in a mission then.

BTW for offline gameplay check out campaigns at airwarfare.com (link in my sig).
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

http://www.worldreviewer.com/_partne...ritain/map.php

I think if you compare the above to the CloD map you will find that Middle Wallop is mislabeled. Some others have been mislabeled also.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the campaign links will check them out

If you look at Andover on the Channel map, just to the west of the town is RAF Andover. This is absolutely in the correct location. The site of RAF Andover is now a CO-OP distribution mega-warehouse, but was once a WW2 airfield.

At roughly the mid point between Andover and Salisbury should be Middle Wallop. This isnt depicted on the map at all, but it's still an operating airfield today (infact it's barely changed) and has a museum there aswell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Ai..._Middle_Wallop