Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Old Winzip was not extracting properly

Using the free 7-Zip program applied the Release candidate and the Hotfix properly and easily on my machine. I had been using a very old version of WinZip which caused CLoD not to load after the yellow "gunsight" screen.

Thanks to you all for your help. The release candidate has fixed all my problems mentioned in this thread. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by redxfred; 10-07-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Removed bad link.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
Thats interesting. Somewhere some how our configuration are different. It would be good to know where. I get no tearing at all, with or without SLI enabled.

1. Try turning vsync to application controlled and allow the game to handle it.
2. If you are running windows 7 turn your aero desktop theme back on.
3. My settings is adaptive vsync enabled in global but allow application controlled in profile.

About your performance, is that related to the track black death ? If not I can also achieve those frame rates but it does not differ enough between single and SLI. In SLI each card load is balanced but only using ~50% or less of each card.

As for some peoples beliefs on blaming Nvidia for not supporting it properly in their drivers, I have to disagree. Given the history of this game and its current condition and Nvidia's available documents and SDKs for adopting SLI gives me the clear answer who's problem it is.
Enabling Aero and setting Vsync to appcontrolled at least fixed the tearing for me. And i can leave SLI activated in the driver now. With fullscreen and lower than native resolution the Clod picturen now gets shrinked into the top left corner of the screen. Have to lower desptopresolution to gameresolution if i want my screen filled. However SLI doenst gain any performance now. The gain i epxerienced earlier must have been due to the not working Vsync i believe.
Thanks for the advice.

Winger
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

good stuff !!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Hotfix= good news!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Gpu one is 100% and gpu two is at 4%. Temps on gpu one drop about 10 degrees Centigrade. Performance is 20% lower. Untill there's an Nvidia SLI profile for il2 Cod I'm clearly better off using just one gpu. Hotfix made the game balanced again online so it's move in the right direction. Game for me runs verry good (50-60fps, no hickups or stutters) at Very High on 30 inch 2560x1600. Keep up the good work, you're getting there.

Last edited by BigC208; 10-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.